Tuesday, September 06, 2022

The I shoulda called in sick edition

Tuesday. Monday on a Tuesday. I see you. 

Last night I did some grooming on my pothos and cut it way, way back. I had some in a milk bottle on my window sill, so I trimmed that up some too and split it into two containers (apologies to the blue moon beer glass. In between meetings this morning I potted what I think? is a Ponytail palm tree (I dunno)... into my last pot that wasn't used yet. It looks nice! 

I felt like calling in sick, I had kind of a big headache this morning but we had a training for stations today with a new trainer and I wanted to be there for her. She did well, and I think that it went well. We have a session tomorrow, a drop in session Thursday, and the final session on Friday. It already feels like a super long week. I'm glad I didn't call out because just about my entire team was out today. This would have been a hard day for every single one of us to be out. I survived. And that was nice. 

But really, a day of not working and playing with plants is what I would have liked. I'm putting a lot of them on the side table by where I sit so I can see them. I was talking to the tiny spider plant and the tiny aloe today. 

I think I may need some mental help....

Geoff has his clinical placement tomorrow so he'll be up at 4:30am or some nonsense. He's so noisy in the kitchen. I was thinking about how I miss the houses we had in Massachusetts where there was an upstairs, and I never once heard anyone futzing around in the kitchen at any hour. I love this house but would love my bed far away from the kitchen and living room. 

I always look at Zillow, just to look. And I was looking at a house rental in West Virginia that was gorgeous and affordable, but, the entire house is an open floor plan, with the living room, kitchen dining room all in one area, and the second floor had a bedroom loft - wide open 

Had a chat with my sister tonight, which was nice. Was planning on a walk outside but didn't get there, but was happy to at least get steps inside the house here. Last week my fitbit was very happy, I hit 30 minutes 5 out of 7 days. For the first time since New Orleans. 

Going through my pictures last night it was fun to remember how much fun it was. I didn't have any good pictures of Guster, but I had a ton of the things we did, and saw. We had some pretty epic skies, and I keep thinking about how beautiful it was up there. 

Here's a picture from just north of Rye, NH. The little rocks were piled up already, I just added one to the top. So I could say I was there. Until the wind would blow and knock them all over. 

Doug has to go into the office tomorrow, Geoff will be in DC. I'll have the place to myself (well, with Phineas, world's greatest co-worker) and I'll try and fit in some more me stuff between meetings. Walking every hour! Make the fitbit happy! And maybe for fun, vacuum! 

Digits below.

digits

exercise: dedicated 10+5 late. in the day. But done.  

blood glucose:
8:45am 178
5pm:140
10pm:180

Food
10am: 2 good yogurt
12:30: Metformin; "BLT" salad; but more like BLOAT. and cucumber. the O is onion, the A is avocado. Trying to add in the "c" for something and it comes out like BLOACT. not a good acronym. but a good salad.
5:30pm: Chili (meat, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, kidney beans, corn chips on the bottom, shredded cheddar, sour cream). Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment