Friday, September 09, 2022

Favorite

I have a favorite plate. 

We got it from Doug's grandmother (his mor mor I guess it would be if you speak-a da scandinavians). It is a restaurant plate, I think it is Homer Laughlin, it is the medium or maybe the small oval. You know it, you've seen it out in the world, you ate food off of it, somewhere. I'm sure. 

I wish we had dozens of these. They are the greatest.

This is the perfect size. Want a bagel, slices opened side by side slathered up with pb&j? Delicious. Boom. Omelet? Fits perfectly. Boom. Sliced apple with some peanut butter or slices of cheese and some nuts on the side? Yaaaaaas Queen. Boom.

I'm always mad when it is dirty, which is usually my fault, and it is in the dishwasher which isn't full enough to run, and I'm too lazy to hand wash it. I get a little grumpy if I see Doug or Geoff using it. That's my favorite plate. Get your mitts off. 

Anyway, today I made me an omelet, big as my head, and it fit on that plate so perfectly. I made the omelet at 10:30 and I basically felt I was done eating for the day. Until tomorrow or maybe Sunday. Stufffffffed. Ugh.

It was a fantastic omelet. I threw 3 eggs into this little frying pan I usually use for just two eggs. There were only 3 eggs left, and I felt weird and guilty leaving one egg in the box, like, that's just straight up shabby. Hey Family, here's one damn ass egg for you if you want. So, I finished all of them. Sorry everyone else.  Three eggs was a lot for the little pan. 

I then put a bunch of shredded mexican style cheese on top, lowered the heat so the cheese would melt and the eggs would cook all the way through. I am not a fan of runny eggs of any sort. We still had leftover sausage/shroom/onion from dinner the other night. But it turned out it was more than I anticipated once I dumped it in? Oops. Crap. This is a boatload of food.

I thought for sure it would be impossible to fold over and I should just make a messy scramble out of it. But somehow, I did it. It folded. I held it in place for a minute so the cheese would kind of hold everything together. Then I wanted to flip it over to finish it off. Somehow, miracle of miracles, I did it. It worked. The perfect half moon was the result.

I diced up half an avocado, topped with a scoop of salsa, and slid it onto that favorite plate. 

And then I ate this unnecessarily gianormous omelet.  

Because I made it at 10:30am, I for sure was not ready for lunch by 12, or 12:30. Training started at 1, I still wasn't hungry. At 3 when training ended, I got up to stretch, walk around, still not hungry. But. Oh. Realized I didn't take my lunchtime medication. 

I had a small ramekin of nuts right then, even though I was fuck all NOT hungry at all. And took my pill. I usually am starting to make dinner at 4:30pm but I felt instead like I needed to just roll into bed or something. Voof. So we got a late start at the dinner thing. Which is alright. Because. Omelet.

Tonight I marinated and grilled a huge piece of salmon, and some summer squash and onion. It kind of came out perfect, it was enough for five people, so we have a big piece left over for someone to eat tomorrow. 

The picture below is my favorite plate with the omelet in action. With a favorite coffee mug too.
What are your favorite things? In all the world? Tell me in the comments!

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+3 in the house/laps. Additional 20 outside walking to the Pokemon Go locations in the neighborhood

blood glucose:
8:45am: 183
5pm: 178
10pm: 161

food:
Coffee, water, iced coffee
10:30am: giant Omelet. See above
3:15pm: mixed nuts; metformin
6pm: salmon (approx 10 oz i think) onions & summer squash mixed. Marinade: hot sesame oil, soy sauce (usually I use low sodium but I didn't have any), lime, minced garlic out of the jar with a little extra of the liquid thrown into the marinade, ginger - grated fresh, parsley, pinch (well, tablespoon) brown sugar. A lot less than the 1/3 cup the recipe I use calls for originally. Salmon sits skin up in a shallow baking dish for about an hour. Flip it over to skin down, another hour.
7pm: Metformin+Jardiance
8:30pm: wine & cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment