Thursday, September 22, 2022

It isn't time for this yet, honey

I went out with the dog between meetings this afternoon. We had a huge rainstorm come through around lunch time, it's gorgeous out right now but windy. I was thinking we could do a little bonfire tonight, but, not with the wind. And since I'm deliberately not drinking during the week, and I'd like a bonfire with a cocktail or a beer, yeah... I can wait. 

It was a really busy and semi-stressful day. I'm trying to be nice to someone about a situation and part of me just wants to tell it like I feel it. And one of my colleagues did something very well meaning while I was away on vacation, and I would have cautioned her not to do it or I may have called the people who asked for the thing and stood my ground. I'd already told them no, with very good reason. But I was away, she didn't know, and she did what they asked for. Now there are some repercussions, and ... well. 

Stress. 

Had two walks today. First was inside while Doug was on his walk. People have asked me why I walk inside or don't go with him. He walks faster than I do, and goes farther than I want. I slow him down. That is point one. Point two is the dog. He is not a joy to walk. He is a freaking menace. He wants to smell everything, stop every 6 feet, we end up dragging him. DRAGGING him. And I hate it. So we don't walk him very much in the neighborhood. He has a fully fenced yard. He has a lot of outside time. He's good. And again with the dog, he hates to be alone. Absolute hatred of alone. So I stay here with him. And I do my walk inside, and he pretty much walks with me. Right up my butt. He doesn't like when he can't see me, so if I walk in the bedroom, he follows. I walk out of the bedroom to the kitchen, he's right behind. Figure 8 around the coffee table, into the kitchen, back around out the dining room door... there's Phineas. 

So he does get a walk, too. It's a win win win as they say. 

Doug took his walk tonight, and went for a long time. I was able to get my half hour done in the house, got dinner marinaded, preheated the grill, and went out to start cooking before he even got back. After we ate, it was still light out and it was super nice so I opted to go for an outside stroll. The weather finally has reached acceptable. It was windy though. I decided I'd go down to the Pokemon Gym down the street, and thought about going up the street to the other one but the wind was such that ... I was cold. 

Literally can't ever be happy outside, can't I? I'm a pest. So I got home happily knowing I got some extra time in.

There are a number of trees that are already changing color. Either because trees are smart, and they know dates, or a lot of them are dried up really bad. I took the picture below after I turned around to come back to the house. 

It's not time for this yet, honey. Don't rush it. Just, slow down, okay? Digits below.
 

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+21; walk inside the house. Additional 10 outside walk down to the Pokemon gym.

blood glucose:
9am: 153
5:15pm: 151
9:30pm: 173

food:
coffee, water
noon: 2 slices of 647 toasted bread with pbj (low sugar); 2 good yogurt; metformin
3pm: Small apple
5:15pm: metformin+jardiance
6:30pm: chicken breast, grilled (marinade: lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, garlic, sesame oil, salt & pepper), cucumber salad, steamed cauliflower
9:30pm: leftover cauliflower and cucumber (not enough to save for any reason); vodka cranberry

No comments:

Post a Comment