Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Dogs

My friend Bree had to let her dog go today (well, her dad's dog, and her sister has been taking care of her since mom passed recently, but her dog too), my high school friend Jonathan let his Maggie go, and my sister is going through some medical things hard with both of her dogs. 

So it's a night to think about dogs. 

Dogs are awesome and cool and amazing. I've had some unbelievable dogs. And I've loved them all, but Jack will always stand out as the best dog I've ever had. Phineas is pretty amazing, but, you know. Parents say they never have a favorite but, I guess I do. I'll admit it. 

When Jack had to be let go, I wrote this for him. I still feel this way. And I know he waits for me. I'm in no hurry, I assure you, but when I read that blog post about him I remember his tail wagging. My mom called him the Canine Air Conditioner because he could fan a room and keep it cool. And his ears were indeed bunny rabbit soft. 

It's bedtime right now, Phineas is pacing between me here on the couch and the bathroom door because he is impatient for us to go to bed. I'll come to bed. 

No picture today, just... dogs on the mind.





digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+21. 31 minute neighborhood Pokemon walk.

blood glucose:
8am: 161
5pm: 191
10pm: 220

food:
Coffee, water
9:15am: 2 good cherry yogurt
noon: Metformin. chili mac. 1 scoop of Velveeta Mac&cheese with bacon (left over from Geoff's lunch); topped with 2 giant scoops of chili from last night. 
12:30: small ramekin of chicken salad (since I was making it had to eat it)
2pm: another small ramekin of chicken salad (because it was that good)
5:15pm: metformin+jardiance; cheesesteak filling (meat, cheese, mushrooms, onions)
7pm: 2 cookies (one peanut butter, one chocolate chip)







No comments:

Post a Comment