Monday, September 12, 2022

Early one morning the sun was shining

Actually, it wasn't shining. I just wanted to use a Dylan quote for the post here. 

We are in an active weather pattern today. Overnight it was tremendously cloudy after a (nearly) full day of rain Sunday.  We were robbed of seeing the moon rise, which would have been tremendous. 

Today dawned grey and gloomy. I set an alarm for Doug to get up at 6:00 to get ready to go to the office, but he got up about ten minutes before it went off. He took care of the dog, started the coffee, charged his phone I reset my alarm for 8:15. He had to go in for a meeting and see the new office building that "I'll never sit in or go to again," as he put it. We'll see. If he has a new job before December that may be true. But if he leaves, indeed, the brand new ID card and here's your new seat and the conference room for our team part of life will not matter. 

Additionally, being told by some that he's never expected to come into work and can work from home forever, and his boss making a pointed display of where he and his direct supervisor "will" sit from now on was a bit telling. 

We don't have enough money for him to just quit his job and dedicate his life full time to finding a new job. So I told him if they order him back into the building, just... go. Be there while you look. And then you can give your notice in person bye girl, bye. 

So I reset my alarm for 8:15 which is when I usually get up most days if I don't wake up before the alarm (like Doug did today). I fell back asleep for a while, and didn't hear him start to get ready. He opened the curtain a little bit at the far end of the window so he could get some light in the room to look at a tie. 

I want to point that out.

What a kind thing - to not turn the lights on and make a ton of noise and disturb me. It is genuinely thoughtful, even after all these years together, that he'd do that. Sometimes it just strikes me. Especially when I'm mad about shit he throws into the garbage disposal again and again and again and he just expects this time it'll work. Or the fact he does not refill the ice trays, or dump the ice trays into the nice big silicone bowl I have to hold ice, and then refill the trays so we have tons of ice. No. He puts an ice cube tray back into the freezer with 3 ice cubes in it. Rather than planning for the future ice needs of the family. 

At least he knows not to wake me up if he has to be up 2 hours before me. 

I did wake up enough to wish him a nice day. The dog had been jumping up and down off the bed, because Doug! Doing! Something! Wat happan! Wat doin! Where goin!?

After he left, there was whining, and an eventual return to bed with me for a bit. I woke up when I heard Geoff come up to the kitchen, 5 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. It's like that some days. I had set up a meeting at 9am with someone in our org who wanted to talk to me about something. We had a great hour, but she's a super early morning person and I confessed I am not. She kind of starts work at 7, which made me kind of gasp. 

I forget what it is like to get up early. 

Anyway. it is good to get an early start but for me around 3pm I feel like I am done for the day. 

On my walk this afternoon, I passed the cat house. There is an old man who lived about 4 doors up from us at our last place and he feeds cats. He has around 10 of them that come around. He puts paper plates out for them, and they come around. They like and trust him, the rest of us on the planet though, we can fuck right off. 

I try to talk to them. They keep their distance, give me the stink eye. I keep trying to convince myself that one day, one of these fine days, they'll come talk to me. Here they are, four of them at my count but there may be two under the car. Eyeballing me on my stroll. Hey cats. 'sup.

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+22. about 21 of it outside on a walk to the two pokemon gyms. Until it started raining. so I came inside and kept walking. My fitbit does this weird thing where it doesn't register my activity so I keep refreshing to force it. Something about x amount of time between starts? but. I've ended up at 32 minutes a lot lately just trying to force it to register 30

blood glucose:
8:30am 163
5pm: 177
10:15pm: 152

Food
coffee, water, iced coffee
8:45am 2 slices 647 bread, peanut butter & low sugar jelly (woke up hungry for a change!)
11am: 10 or so chunks of cantaloupe (someone's gotta eat this monster)
12:30 metformin, 2 low carb fajita wraps w/melted cheddar and 1 large leftover chicken thigh split between them (call it a chicken quesadilla)
5:30pm: metformin+jardiance
6pm: 3 porkchops w/shake & bake (shut up, i love that shit) and spicy green beans (very spicy...) 
8pm: Ramekin of mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment