Monday, September 19, 2022

Sunday Skip Over

 I didn't touch my computer on Sunday. Gave the hand a rest, and watched a lot of football. In the evening we drove to Virginia to meet my brother in law's niece (and our friend) Lisa. She had all the stuff that Linda packed up for me that I couldn't bring on the plane when I left Long Island a couple weeks ago. 

So we have our Guster beer, our insulated lunch bag, the jar of fluff from my friend SpicyV, and my rainbow hat and sun floppy. Reunited with all my nonsense from the trip. 

We went to a Buffalo Wing restaurant that was outstanding. I have struggled with finding good wings in this area. Same with pizza. We're in Pizza Jail and Wing Purgatory. But this place delivered. They also serve local craft beer, so we were able to knock a couple breweries out that we hadn't had beer from before. 

It was a lovely visit. A very nice time. It was hard to eat with my hand wrapped, but I managed. 

Today is a busy work day - lots and lots going on. After 3 years in our team meeting today, our department head let us know that she's close to letting us know what our new team organization is going to be. I feel like I'm not going to like it. There's another department in building that is actively moving on my job, to create their own support department over there, and I'm kind of like "the hell?" So I really want to hear this "plan" for the org chart. 

As is right now, Doug is actively looking for another job, I do not want to find another job.  I also don't want to find another job because I like our insurance and the fact we automatically have this network of specific doctors, I don't want to separate from them just because we have to change insurance. One of the things I like about Kaiser Permanente. 

Also, I am very happy with what I do. So we'll see. I'm not getting frustrated or angry, yet. But. I kind of feel suspicious about everything right now based on stuff I've seen and heard. And I'm suspicious. Wary. Hmmmm. 

This is the longest I've ever worked somewhere, 8 and a half years. I literally was thinking I could stay here until I am ready to not work anymore. Maybe. Especially with the fact I can work from home. I could stay working here even if we move if Doug gets another job. 

Hmmm. 

Today I unwrapped my hand, it's been open all day so far (since 9am). Took a shower, used my hand to wash my hair and my body, with little or no discomfort. Lifted a not very full laundry basket up onto the bed to find clothes. I loaded the dishwasher and wiped down the sink. I watered (a lot of) my plants, using both hands and my plastic pitcher I use to fill the dog dish, instead of bringing the plants to the sink the way I usually do. I am finding it easy to type with my right hand, the fingers are bending nicely to the keys. 

The bruise is still hysterical, and the back of my right hand is so swollen you can't see any knuckles, and it is kinda yellow green. As things progress, it'll get better, I'm sure. Just looks horrific right now! 

Here's a picture. My On the Ocean beer partnered with my On the Rocks glass, with some healthy snacks while Doug and I watched the Queen's funeral this evening, skipping over all the boring parts. 


digits
No digits recorded for Sunday. 

exercise: Dedicated 10+21. got a nice walkabout done inside the house while Doug ran an errand.

blood glucose:
10am: 178
5:30pm: 152
11pm: 240 (beer & snack elevated)

food:
coffee, water
noon: metformin
12:30: ham roll ups, 3 slices of ham, a slice of havarti cheese, avocado, mayo
3pm: a handful of mixed nuts, mostly almonds
6pm: Metformin+jardiance
6:15: piece of steak with salad
6:40: the rest of the salad (not enough to save for tomorrow, geoff won't eat it)
9pm: trail mix, cheese, triscuits, 2 beers


No comments:

Post a Comment