Friday, September 23, 2022

Target Reached

 It was a long and busy week, kids. 

I literally was just working on the last email I need to send out today. Just hit send. I have to fix something for this station that I just emailed and I think I'll do it before Monday. It is 10:50pm. 

And he emailed back to ask a question. I kind of feel like my job never ends. I try to make it end. I try to do all my work between 9am and 6pm. or 8 and 5 or 8 and 7. But sometimes the work just never ends, does it? 

There have been a lot of articles recently about Quiet Quitting (NPR has a ton of them) where people just decide to do the 'bare minimum' and work the exact hours that their job descriptions outline. And that's that. 

The pulling extra time to get the job done, the hustle, the clean slate each week even if it means taking an extra 5, 10, 20 hours to get it all done - that does not exist. You work 9-5, you don't take on extra, you don't step up and volunteer to do anything, you just do your job and go home. 

I have a co-worker that I feel is doing the Quiet Quitting thing. They are inaccessible, don't help, won't volunteer to learn anything beyond what it is that they do. I find it frustrating because I can't turn to them and see if they can help me with things. And I have what they may call a "Judeo-Christian Work Ethic" where I'm going to do it, do more, and do it all awesome. 

But I'll be abused over it, whereas my colleague... well. They don't do that. They will do exactly what's asked of them, and that's that. 

Many people are outlining the fact that this isn't a problem, that this is self-preservation. This is sanity. If you want me to do more work and more things, put it into my job description, pay me to do it, and yeah. I'll do it. 

It's maybe more of a "millennial" thing, I'll say that's not a bad thing. But it also kind of goes against my Gen-X grain. 

My department is going to be going through a re-org, I guess. It's going to be complicated. People are going to be mad. I may be mad. I don't know yet. I do know that two devs that I love quit and their last days were today.  My favorite person from the newsroom is going to a new job. And a very high-up director of news type C-suite person also has resigned. 

Quiet Quitting and Active Quitting.  It is happening all around me. 

Anyway, a wild week of me doing the most and the best and more than ever needed. And folks leaving and moving off. 

But today, I am happy to say I squeezed out a lot of walkies out all week. Yay me!  I set out to do the "Dedicated 10" daily, added more, and then said fuck it I'll go to 30 min. The screenshot is from my fitbit app, and it measures all of my active minutes. Between 0-10 it won't register anything but after 10 it registers. 

Today, it was stuck at 28, the app wouldn't sync to my fitbit and register anything. So I kept walking around. I thought maybe you had to consistently move up to 10 minutes for it to register. I ended up stopping and then it showed that I'd done 39 minutes, an additional 11 just to get it to show 2. 

Stupid jerk. 

But that's a goodly amount of walking. 

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+29. Walked to the Pokegym, and then walked a bunch around the house. A lot.

blood glucose:
9am: 150
6pm:163
10pm: 160

food:
coffee, water, iced coffee
12 noon bowl of chicken salad (chicken, mayo, cream cheese, walnuts, craisins) 
12:30 another bowl of chicken salad (it was that good); metformin
3:45: pb&j on a low carb tortilla wrap
6pm: 2 chicken thighs, one low carb tortilla wrap, 1/2 avocado. some shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
8:30pm: very thin slice of carrot cake, vodka tonic (2) 
10pm: hostess ding dong (can't resist!)



No comments:

Post a Comment