Oh - Yesterday, I asked Lin to text me the picture of us with the cousins and she sent it after I published last night's entry. So here' it is - Cousinfest part 2. We cute.
Anyway.
This entire trip we have stayed at hotels and places with awesome opportunities for bathing suit time. And each place, something has prevented us from putting suits on and getting in the pool or ocean.
Today, we spent time at mom's. Linda crashed in the bedroom (a much needed crash, I must say) and mom was down in her room playing her video games. She has had an issue with mice recently, so, Lin wanted to clean out her bathroom vanity.
I beat her to it, not that is is a competition or anything, but, she was resting and I had flip flops on, and couldn't take a right proper walk around the neighborhood. No fun doing a big walk in flip flops.
I got into the bathroom and started pulling everything out from under her vanity.
The mice. They have been busy.
She had SEVERAL bars of soap that these little jerks ATE. They ATE DIAL SOAP. Why, mice? Why? Soap is not food!
They pulled the cotton ends off of hundreds of Q-tips, and ruined two entire boxes of them. Thanks, mice. They pulled apart dozens of cotton balls. Two giant bags, mostly destroyed and filled with poop.
Ugh, thank you again, mice. You little fuckers.
I always say it is a hard world for small things but fuck you, you fucking fucks for fucking making a fucking mess out of everything in my mom's house, you little shits.
Two trash bags full of stuff later, I had just about everything cleared out of the bathroom vanity. The entire vanity floor is trashed, and the stupid vanity needs to be replaced and all that. But. We are reluctant to do it because in replacing the vanity, we may as well replace the flooring, and if we replace the flooring, it runs to the hall and kitchen and all that would need to be replaced, and then there is the carpeting in the living room and her bedroom, both of which suck and need replaced.
Oh My Lord-a-rama. Projects! This is a total project. An absolute project. Not to be done today.
But for right now, friends, the vanity is cleaned out, and we are going to do some Mouse Remediation work.
In cleaning out the vanity, it was an archeological dig back through time. Mom has several different brands of sink decloggers, several containers of CLR, about 9 curling irons, a giant hair dryer. There were boxes of Dial and Dove soap, which the mice ate! They ATE SOAP. (I know I freaked at that earlier but still jebus, they ate soap).
So many things went straight to the trash, a bunch of things are out on the porch and I'll sort through anything that can be salvaged (ie: Drano bottles and boxes of Clorox toilet tablets).
Linda and I came back to the hotel and I told her that she better put her bathing suit on, because there is no way we are on vacation and we didn't get in a pool once. I'll be damned if we do not get in a pool.
So we did.
And the pool was FREEZING.
Indoor pool, absolutely fucking freezing. Oh my god so cold. I got in, for SPITE and swam around and made the best of it. I told her not to. She'd die. She does this thing in pools where she pulls her arms up and we call it "T-Rex Arms" because it is impossible to get in and you suffer and struggle the entire time you're trying to get used to it.
But I got in and I made it happen and I wanted it, and I got what I wanted, I got pool time. Fuckeveryoneelseontheplanet, I got pool time.
We needed some dinner and there is a nice hibachi/asian fusion restaurant near our hotel, so we walked over. We thought about getting take out but got blue drinks (which, you know, you can't take out!) and a lot of appetizers. It was very very nice. And I'm glad we ate there instead of bringing back. Sometimes take-out food can make your hotel room smell of the funkies.
Digits below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours; 45 min treadmill, 3.1 miles (hey, that's 5k motherfukkahhhhhhs); 14k+ steps by bedtime.
blood glucose:
8:45am: 115
5pm: 121
9:30pm: 166
food & meds:
8:45am: jardiance, new meds; last of the cookies I baked
11am: dunkin' donuts glazed donut
1pm: met+glip
4pm: new meds
6pm: trail mix; white wine
7pm: gyoza, edamame; tempura, tom kha soup; blue drink; met+glip


No comments:
Post a Comment