Tuesday, August 11, 2026

From Maine to NH

The second day of OTO was great. Linda made bookmarks so after the best shower I've had in years, we went to the brewery next to the venue to have lunch (best cheeseburger I've had in my life) and friends came and sat at the table with us. We had an assembly line of friends building the bookmarks. I was trimming the edges, Rich and Brian were putting tassels together, Heather was hole punching. 

Then we went into the festival.  We got to our spot and I continued making arts and crafts while Linda went around passing them out to people. I chatted with friends who came by. I spilled an entire can of wine into my crotch (great job). My left ankle started to bother me so I iced it and elevated it. 

I think my body is super extra mad at me!

Lin and I took a walkabout, and the sunset was spectacular. We always seem to get at least one day at Thompson's Point when the sky puts on a show. 



I met up with one of my colleagues at one of our clients, and this is the third year we've connected at On the Ocean. Such a fun thing to meet up and enjoy a band both of us love. 

I wore my medal to the show, so did a few others.

Guster's set, after Neal Francis and Watchhouse, was amazing. They were hilarious and so much fun. As part of this fest, they did the whole Ganging up on the Sun album for the 20th anniversary of its release. They had put out an expanded version a few years later, and a song called Emily Ivory is a huge fan favorite. It is actually Hen's favorite song. 

They've never played it live. 

But they did on Sunday. Much to everyone's delight. Hen and I turned to each other and screamed "IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!" 

I don't want to steal anyone's pictures, and I personally didn't take any, but they had cue cards on the side of the stage so Ryan could read along. He always said "there are too many words in this song (yes there are) but also, it's a great little song. So glad they did it. Ryan said they'll do it again in 20 years. 

After the show we got back to the hotel, S&S and Hen came down to hang out. We yapped until about 1am, and then crashed out. I slept like I was dead. No leg cramps. 

Monday morning came, Linda worked because she had to do her payroll. We had to check out by 1, so we started our mad dash and scramble at 12:30. Made it out the door without incident, a little late, and loaded up her car. 

S&S and Hen were staying until Tuesday, and we usually all go out to lunch on Monday together. Lin couldn't join us due to her mad crazy bad work emergency so I went with the team and we had lunch. Hen wanted to have fried lobster, which I'd never heard of, but this place had it. 

Here's henry getting ready to eat a lobster claw bit, fried and wonderful. 

We had a great time at lunch, and headed back to the hotel where they were continuing on with their stay and Lin and I left for C's house. 

We got to C's around 7, I didn't do all my steps for the day and that's alright. I also didn't do them all today either. It got dark earlier than I thought it would. Oh well. I think I made up for it for a total week-wise step count with an 18,000+ day on Sunday. 

I'll try to take a walk tomorrow before we leave here. 

Work was good, I love working from the porch here, and got a ton done. Lots of catching up on tickets, and a meeting with a client which was fun. 

Don't tell anyone but sometimes I miss my job when I'm away sometimes. Don't spread that around. 

After work, I went down to Massachusetts to have some time with one of the kids from back in the day, Catie. She just became an NP, and she's always been a wonderful friend to Jess and to us. I love her, and we haven't seen each other since we moved to Maryland, so it was super nice to go be with her and catch up on all the things. 

Back to C's and hangout on the porch for porch life. C went to bed super early, because she has to go to the airport stupid early. I miss her already. 

A picture of me and Catie. Digits below.  Oh, I didn't record/track the digits for the other days so here we are, back on track recording the numbahs. 

Gotta say numbahs here in New England!


digits
exercise:
12/12 hours,  no walk, no run, no nothing. 6300k+ steps by bedtime. Meh.

blood glucose: 

8am: 97
4pm: 190
11:30pm: 146

food & meds:

8am: jardiance, new meds
12:30pm: buffalo chicken wrap, met+glip
4pm: new meds 
7pm: met+glip
8pm: chips & dips
white wine & regular sugar cranberry juice (a splash, for color)
big sugar cookie split with lin

No comments:

Post a Comment