Previously here in the blog, I've mentioned there are cats all over the neighborhood and I get to see them on my walks. Up the street from mom is this sweet little cat, he is missing his right eye. The owner and I talked a year or so ago when I was here, and she told me the cat (I can't remember his name) had some sort of horrible infection years ago and they had to remove the eye.
Poor bean. But. So it goes in the life of pet stewardship.
Several walks now through this neighborhood, I haven't seen him. I was kind of worried that he was gone, had passed away or something, you know, like the lives of many outdoor cats end. But today was the day. He was sitting on his porch, looking out across the land and saw me.
He's one of these cats that likes people a lot, and he meowed, I said hello, he came walking over. I paused my fitbit tracker so we could spend some quality time.
I took a couple different pictures but he was moving around a lot, this one was the best of the batch. The tail was flicking all around, and he was looking regal in his little tuxedo. Oh I love him.
Work today was pretty good, my boss and I are trying to solve for a big problem, so we met at 3 in our check-in. We have a contractor coming on Monday to do some work at the house, and I need to make sure mom's neighbor friend knows what is happening. She said she's going to come to lunch with us tomorrow, so that's fun. I will buy her 100 lunches for all the help she provides.
After work, I decided to go for a walk down at the canal, it was a gorgeous day and I couldn't just justify doing neighborhood walk, so I drove there and hit the trail. I parked by the train bridge and started walking, I figured, eh.... I should walk to the Bourne bridge. She's right there.
About 3/4 of the way there I questioned my sanity. I mean, it's not a big deal. I can do this but uhhhhhggggh this is boring. I didn't bring my earbuds, so I didn't have a podcast to distract me. Eventually I got there, took a small break, took some pictures and went the rest of the way back.
With a headwind! hahhahahha. no. ugh.
But, when you can't do anything about it, and you have to get back to the car, you ... do it. And I did it. A full hour walk, and yeah. worth it.
It took me 60 minutes to do the round trip, and I've said previously that my fitbit may be slightly off with distance measurement, but, 27 min out, 33 min back is accurate.
Voof.
I went to the market to buy a bunch of stuff mom needed. I thought about getting a big greek chicken sub from the pizza place in downtown but I just grabbed some cranberry walnut chicken salad, and ate that for dinner. Having regrets about wanting that good good sub from the shop in town. Damn.
All told, a pretty great day. Minor mom complaints. A long chat with Linz, and a good chat with Work Wife today that really gave me great joy.
Digits below. My computer is not cooperating on downloading pictures so. Here's a pic. Digits below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours; huge walk, 60 min/2.89 mi. 13k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9am: 115
4:30pm: 128
10:30pm: 106
food & meds:
9am: jardiance, new meds
12:45pm: pb&low sugar j on butter bread; met+glip
7pm: shaws supermarket cranberry walnut chicken salad; white wine; met+glip
9:30pm: more trail mix
white wine



No comments:
Post a Comment