This morning, C woke me up at 8:30. I guess GinnyDog did try to wake me up but I was out cold. I pretty much tossed and turned all night, sadly. I just kept waking up, being awake, and eventually falling back asleep. So around 6 am I found the super duper thread of sleep and latched onto it.
I organized my stuff, stripped the bed, and came down for a little coffee. We headed out to meet Jess for breakfast in Exeter at the big bean. I have been feeling pretty good about the blood sugar, and really wanted a pancake. I always want a pancake, but every time we go there, I get the Yosemite omlet. Today, really wanted the pancake so I did.
I always think of Mike Birbiglia and his pancake bit from his Netflix special "The Good Life" (and I highly recommend it, truly, go watch it), you can see it on the trailer here. Go to about 35 seconds into the trailer and learn how Jenny knows the right amount of pancakes for Mike to eat is ... pancake. Same with me. I can have pancake.
Jenny would be proud.
The place was hopping. I really love the vibe and the place. Always a favorite when we are in the area. I got a mimosa, which they serve in a pint glass (so generous!)
We stopped by Jess' since I didn't get to see it at the first part of the trip, such a cute place and I'm so glad C had this apartment for them. The dog was so excited to see me, and I just wanted to scoop them both up and bring them back to Maryland.
After breakfast, she dropped me off at the airport a little before 1, and offered to come in. I figured she'd want to get home and settle in for a couple days before her next travel and have merciful laundry time and spend time with GinnyDog time and just relax.
Plus, there are no bars at the main level where the general public can hang out, so.
I prepaid my bag. Southwest, you jerks, bags used to fly free but now you nickel and dime us all to death. I may have to figure out another airline, maybe. Gotta look into who serves the BWI to MHT or PVD or ISP routes because that's where your girl flies the most.
I got checked in, dumped my bag, and I looked at the arrivals/departures board. My flight is already delayed by a half hour. Nice. Last night, C's flight was horribly delayed getting back here to NH. So I was hoping this would not also be my fate.
I updated the app on my phone so I could make sure to follow along for when shit goes better or worse.
Okay then. Take a walk.
C and I had talked about taking a walk before coming here but I'm, as has been established, sometimes concerned about lateness. Even getting here 2 hours early is sometimes stressful to me. We totally could have done a nice walk somewhere out in the world.
But there I was, walking around the first level of the terminal. I walked around and around and a security person lady person was eyeballing me as I walked to the un-used area of the first floor.
I passed her by and said "I am not a dangerous person, I am just doing my fitbit steps." She laughed and said "Oh trust me, I'm on break and I gotta do mine! I get it, I get it."
"Just didn't want you to think I was some sort of weirdo."
She laughed and I invited her to join me. "Naah, that's okay. But it'd be fun though to just walk around with you. I like how you weave around the posts and the luggage carousels."
"Gotta keep it interesting," I said as I wove around the planters. "Sean Duffy wants us to get exercise when we're at the airport and not wear pajamas and dress well and stuff. At least I'm doing one thing on his Americans Should Class Up Their Travel Like The 1950s idea."
She cracked up, and said "PFFFTH Sean Duffy," which cracked me right up.
I went upstairs and breezed the hell right through security. I do have to say that Manchester Airport is just delightful. I walked more, and ended up with a solid 31 minutes, so I figured I earned a beer.
I also realize that I tried to send myself and download all the pictures from my ginormous walk at the canal, and for some reason they would not upload from my phone to my computer, but I finally figured her out and will save those for tomorrow.
My flight boarded and we got home at 5:30ish. Doug was already nearby, so I got my duffel, met him at our agreed upon meet up point!
We went out to dinner at an Indian restaurant in Columbia. It was very very good, and I'm glad we didn't over order because what we got ended up being absolutely perfect. There is a cupcakery (what a made up word!) next door so we went in and spent a stupid crazy amount of money on 6 cupcakes. But they were delicious, and I'm not mad.
The ride home was uneventful, Geoff and Toffee were both very glad to see me, and, Toffee assumed the position that she obviously had not been able to for weeks now. Off to bed. Quite exhausted, and so very glad I baked in a day off at home so we can get ready for our next adventures.
digits
exercise: 11/12 hours; lost 1 hour due to being on the airplane. inside airport walk, 30 min/1.52 mi. 11k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9am: 155
xpm: n/a didn't take on the plane
11pm: 160
food & meds:
9am: jardiance, new meds
11am: pancake (hat tip to Birbiglia). mimosa. coffee. tater tots
2pm: 2beers; met+glip
7pm: indian food: chicken 65, lamb vindaloo, rice, garlic naan, one beer
9pm: cupcake, met+glip


No comments:
Post a Comment