Wednesday, August 12, 2026

My Job Is Beach

C left on a business trip very early this morning, and I woke up at 8am and missed her already. I may take next Friday off, or at least the second half of the day, to just not be working. Like. Do a vacation day or something. 

Lin and I both worked and worked a lot. Like all the work. I had several meetings, and she had a boulder to push up a hill and it keeps rolling down upon her. 

At 4pm we were meeting our cousin Dave at a pub in the area. He lives about 20 minutes away and told us we shouldn't come to him, because it is the beach. Beach is busy. 

We enjoyed a great fellowship. I love Dave, I think honestly he's my fave of all the cousins. Always has been. Lin and I hit the road around 6, stopped at the NH state liquor store for wine, and headed down to Plymouth. 

I was surprised but the GPS took us down 95 and Rte 1, and we passed all my favorite places like Kowloon and the giant orange dinosaur on the side of the highway. We went over the Tobin, and over the Zakim, and Oh Boston. I miss you. Traffic was easy wonderful (ha) and we got to Plymouth at about 8pm.

Our friend Rosie always tells us to tell her when we are here. She lives in Connecticut, so she came out and booked a room in the hotel where we are staying. Hilariously, she is on the 2nd floor at the exact opposite end of the hotel from us, down the first floor so getting steps was easy tonight. I wish she was right next door. 

We had a sweet catch up and hang out once we got to the hotel, and it was super late when she left to her room and Linda walked her back. 

Tomorrow we both have to work but honestly my plan is pool? walk? a couple meetings? And a ton of Rosie time. We have a dinner date tomorrow, our annual dinner post-OTO with our friend Alex and Rosie will come too. 

I'm looking forward to it. 

Digits below this picture of us and Dave, and note that we are back on track with steps!


digits
exercise:
12/12 hours, no measurable walk but almost 11k steps (45 steps shy!) for the day

blood glucose: 

8:45am: 125
n/a: x
11pm: 126

food & meds:

8:45am: jardiance, new meds
1pm: met+glip and 2 pbj sandwiches
4:30pm: pear and goat cheese salad w/grilled salmon. 2 beers
6pm: met and glip and new meds
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment