I treated myself to a waffle this morning. When I stay here, I try to do it only once during the time. And today was the day. Check-out day. Let's do this.
Love me a hotel waffle, I tell ya.
Lin was working this morning, she has had crazy thing after crazy frustrating thing after crazy you've got to be shitting me thing happen on this trip. And of course, she's the only one who can fix it. Truly an invaluable and also severely undervalued human with this company.
We checked out and headed to mom's. I had misplaced my power cord for my phone, and we needed to reorganize all Linda's things before she left, so we tided up, moved things into bags, unpacked things, looked in things, and never did find my cord. It has to be in her car. She'll find it someday.
I had a call with a client at 11:30am, so I set to doing that and she popped in to let me know she was leaving, she got a ferry reservation and if she didn't go, she wouldn't make it. I asked the guy to hold on a bit, and I went to hug her goodbye.
I miss her already.
I missed her when she was still on the porch.
After my call, my mom told me she was mad because I put a Tidy Bowl tablet into her toilet tank.
I asked if she could please just get over it, what does it matter? You don't like a clean toilet?
"I like to see what my poop looks like sometimes."
Sigh.
So it begins. The weird, very weird, and sometimes horribly annoying mom things that I'll put up with for the next 4 days.
"Well, you get to see your poop in about 3 weeks I guess," I replied.
There are some things she needs, like dawn dish soap, new Q-tips and cotton balls, laundry detergent, so I told her I was going to head out today or tomorrow and get those.
I got a full lecture on making sure I lock her car.
Mom. I always lock your car.
"Well. They're breaking into cars and stealing their cameras!"
Okay, well, I always lock your car, mom.
"They will steal my camera so you make sure you lock it!"
For spite, you know how I feel but for goodness sake, I always lock your car.
"and BE CAREFUL." God, how I want my sister to come back right now. Also, my mom has no idea the cameras in cars are actually outside of the car so. I won't tell her that. I'll just leave things be.
Geoff called tonight to check up on me. "I realized I hadn't heard from you in a long time so I thought I'd check in," which really is the sweetest thing. I appreciate a check in from home once in a while!
Mom went to bed at 8. Told me she was turning off the internet and we had an argument about it. I asked her not to, because if she does, I can't work, surf, or watch TV. She got huffy and told me she doesn't want her computer running all night.
Well, those are two different things friend. Turn your computer off, not the internet.
I went down to her room and we talked about it, and I showed her how to keep it on, turn the computer off, and leave it that way.
Day one down, three to go. I'm sure we will have this same discussion tomorrow. I think that us being here upsets her routine and apple cart. I'm trying to approach all of this with grace, but there is no waffle machine here in the morning, ya know?
Anyway.
Here's a pic I stole from Linda, of Linda and Me, and the other person in the picture is our friend V. He's the best. We love him. He is sunshine in human form. The eyepatch is because he's had some surgery for a detached retina (oh no!) and has to keep his eye protected. Poor bean!
Digits below!
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours; walk around the neighborhood, 27 min, 1.27 mi; 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
8am: 120
4:45pm: 108
11pm: 94
food & meds:
8am: jardiance, new meds
9am: hotel waffle, bacon
1:30pm: pb&sugar free j on butter bread; met+glip
4:45pm: new meds
5:45pm: an obscene amount of trail mix
7pm: met+glip; some ritz crackers
white wine

No comments:
Post a Comment