I was bummed to have to leave our hotel. We didn't do pool, indoor or outdoor, I wanted to go down and walk the beach or something, we didn't.
Someone remind me that ya know, Chris... you don't have to work while you are on vacation. You can take a day off.
Part of me just felt like I'll get so much done just quietly sitting working. To some extent yes, I did. That was good. But I didn't get as much done as I planned. My boss and I had our 1:1 check in and he talked to me about how we both need to go back through our old tickets and clean house. Trust me, dear sir, that was my plan.
Maybe during this week.
I will be working from mom's starting Monday, and I have one meeting set up Monday. I bet I can get down and dirty with old tickets and clean things up.
Not for nothing but this week I discovered 2 bugs in the new product, and a possible third. So yeah, I did things.
Lin and I cleared from the hotel around 11:30 and headed to mom's with a stop for coffee along the way. Mom was happy we were there, in fact she called Lin at about 10 to ask where we were.
Lady, we're coming.
Part of me felt like we both should just put our bathing suits on, jump in the pool and have fun before driving over but.
We have a pool in our new hotel. Friends, we'll make use of that. Off to mom's! We got there, settled in, Lin had to work, I had two meetings on Zoom and my last meeting of the day was with my work son/bestie/partner in crime. He traded off on some tickets to me and we talked about his huge family vacation they're going on, four generations and some cabins, fly fishing and him hanging out reading books and watching his nephews.
I am still technically on vacation and I am jealous of his week ahead.
Mom was in good spirits and happy to see us. We stayed there until about 5 and headed over to the hotel. Our friend Rosie is also staying here, and she's delightful. I'll miss her when she heads back home tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, we're meeting with the mason that we met with in May that I never got things buttoned up with. But we'll get that all buttoned up. We will button. I believe we're going to take mom to lunch tomorrow, and we'll see how much cleaning or whatever we will get done.
Digits below. Cheers.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours; did a quick run on the treadmill, 10 min/.62 mi; 11k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9am: 136
4:30pm: 104
10pm: 193
food & meds:
9am: jardiance, new meds.
1pm: met+glip
4pm: pbj sammitch; new meds
6pm: met+glip ( i... think?)
7pm: 2 slices of pizza and some chicken fingers; white wine

No comments:
Post a Comment