Last night we hung out with our friend Rosie until about 11:30, and got to bed a little after midnight. I was fast asleep in no time. The AC in the room is rather loud, but consistent, no rattle or vibration. So it was a good white noise maker when it was running.
I woke up at 7:50, went to pee, and put myself back in bed. Just wanted some more sleep. I was surprised when Linda was also still asleep, but she got up shortly thereafter, and drove to the quickie mart for coffee. The coffee at the hotel here is just not good, and, they give you the world's tiniest cups. Useless.
I could have used 4 more of those coffees, thank you. But. Not to be. I set to work.
Got a lot of tickets taken care of quickly and did good steps each hour. A nice big loop around the property. It was utterly tempting to just get in the pool, get in the hot tub, walk down the steps and into the ocean. But I knew I would not get back to work. I'd end up all "Beach Hair Don't Care" and be insufferable to all my colleagues who were not at beach.
Through the day I nibbled a lot, not a real lunch or anything. I did eat the 2 left over steak tip bits from Linda's dinner.
Off the coast there was a giant thunderstorm with amazing clouds and pouring rain. It was kind of cool to be sitting here working and just taking a break to gaze out there on the sea and sky while they were doing their dance. My friend D back home will say "the clouds are showing off tonight," or "the moon demands our attention." It was the same
We always have a dinner date with our friend Alex who lives in Rhode Island, so that was on the agenda tonight. I realized I didn't bring anything nice to wear except for the super nice dress I wore to the symphony. But I did have something passable at the bottom of the bag.
Rosie came down and we headed out to the restaurant by Uber. The Uber driver was cranking the Dead and we talked about music for the ride. Alex was late getting to us, so we got seated and ordered wine.
Alex and Rosie had never met but it felt already like old friends spending time. We had a blast and a great meal. And more wine.
The Uber ride home was hilarious too. What a good night!
Lin had to do a work call and was tied up with that for a long time so I got some solo time with Rosie. Somehow we meandered through many topics, knee replacement surgery, and the Appalachian Trail. Rosie asked a question about who did the Appalachian Trail first, and I told her I knew about the first woman to do it. We pulled up the internet and I told her all about Grandma Gatewood and her hikes around America.
She seemed genuinely impressed that I know shit like this.
We hung out for a while and R had to go to bed. Linda came back around 11, and we are headed to bed.
More activity tomorrow as we have to check out, go over to Mom Land. We can't check into next hotel until 3 so we'll hang out over there. I have a 1pm meeting and a 3pm. Then I'm done for the day.
Still have not gotten in a pool or the ocean. Pool tomorrow, for sure.
Pictures and digits! A lobster the size of Rosie. And the crew!
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours, Fitbit measured two walks for 12 minutes each, approx .3 miles each time. 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9:15am: 106
4:30pm: 126
10:30pm: 154
food & meds:
9:15am: jardiance, new meds. the last 2 entenmann's chocolate donuts
11am: 2 chunks of steak tips left over from dinner (linda's)
1:30pm: met+glip; handful of candied nuts
5pm: new meds
7pm: wine, bread dipped in olive oil, meatball, salmon on asparagus w/ some coconut jasmine rice; met+glip


No comments:
Post a Comment