Monday, August 03, 2026

Giving myself permission

Today I woke up not feeling so awesome. Yesterday I felt great, fantastic, all the good things. But today I was very tired even though I slept about 9 hours. I felt like I could just go back to bed and lie down. 

Eventually I did. I told my team that I was checking out at about 1pm. And I slept for over 2 more hours. I thought about starting up work again but I remembered I'd promised to sous chef a marinade for the boy while he was at work, and that kept me busy, until I was reasonably tired to want to go back to bed.

Somehow, I managed to get all my steps for each hour, which is nice, but fell super far short of 10k for the day. 

And sometimes, friends, that is okay. Sometimes you just gotta say "meh." 

Part of me feels like that'll be the case on Wednesday when I'm in the car for a bunch of hours with my friends driving up to the hotel in NY. Unless I start my day with a run super early, right. LOL right Chris.

I didn't want today and Wednesday being short days but. If it is to be, it is to be, eh? The universe does not hinge upon my steps.

During my11am meeting, I had my camera off and I just walked around the house, glad I did that or maybe I would have only gotten 2k steps! But after dinner, I thought about making the big effort and that would be over 2 miles of big effort. 

Nah. 

It is okay to give yourself a day off. No one is giving me an award for doing this. Give yourself some grace.

All told, by bedtime here, I still feel like ass. So I'm going to schlep off to bed on the early side of things right after I publish this. 

So much to do tomorrow. Laundry, packing, work that I didn't do during work hours today. I was going to bake cookies for the trip as a gift to Hen. 

48 hours from now full blown vacation mode is on, friends. Let's go.

Digits. Below.






digits
exercise:
12/12 hours,  17 minute walk about/.6 mi. 6k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 156
5pm: 105
9:30pm: 128

food & meds:

9am: jardiance, new meds
11am: apple w/pb
2:pm: met+glip
5pm: new meds
7pm: peach 000 yogurt w/ crushed granola bar

No comments:

Post a Comment