Sunday, August 02, 2026

Mall Walker

I've been missing my Teva sandals. 

I recently had to ditch them after like 15 years or more of happy wear. I am always reluctant to buy shoes online because I am never sure if I'm a 10, 10.5, 11. So I thought I'd go buy in person. 

Also, shout out to shoe stores that are carrying Ladies' Shoes at sizes 11+ because I see you. I see what you're thinking of client-wise. And you're doing great. Thank you for thinking of those girlies, friends!

Local big shoe store chain allegedly carries said Tevas so I have delayed going actual shopping. I told Doug I was going to go today and asked if he wanted to come. Normally he says no. Not interested. But. Today? He felt like coming. 

Alrighty then. 

We went to the store, and no. They had Tevas but they were like .... fancy? Pretty Tevas? no. Not what I wanted. I wanted something like my hiking sandals. That I've worn forever. That I sadly parted with. 

He suggested we go over to the mall, so. Okay? Mall? Doug? I guess. 

We headed over and parked, and it turns out the mall was .... um. Very Busy. The site of a collectables convention for pokemon cards, sports cards, all kinds of shit. The place was mobbed, and we were parked at the far end of the mall away from the shoe store that we wanted to go to. Lots of walking past table after table of nerds and cards and Magic the Gathering and whatever. 

Where are the shoes. Where are they hiding shoes?

We tried Dick's sporting goods and no luck.

Another store, no. 

We kept walking the mall, past the tables of collectibles and ... the nerds. So many nerds. 

We finally found a shoe store where two staff people told me they'd never heard of the brand "Teva." Really? huh. 

I was ready to quit when Doug found some sandals that were .... passable? 

Not exactly what I wanted but they'll do. They're cute. But.

I am a little worried about just outright ruining them if it pours rain and is mud-fest central. 

You never know what it is going to do weather-wise out there for the fest. 

And, when I got home, I went online and ordered Tevas, not sure they'll be the right ones I want or fit or whatever, or even get here in time for me to leave Wednesday but. Alright. 

After we went shopping, and walked one end of the mall to the other, we drove over to Cushwa Brewing and enjoyed some time, some beer, and some Detroit Pizza at Rad Pies. 

I was happy he wanted to come with me. Honestly, we aren't going to see each other again until late August, so. 

A nice day out together was fun. 

We got home and he took a big nap. I made dinner for Geoff because he was getting hungry, and I knew Doug wasn't going to want dinner, but I was okay with having a little bowl of pasta and meat sauce. 

Walking the mall I got a butt ton of steps. Who needs the treadmill, friends? 

Here are a couple more pictures. My neighbor was throwing some things away and they've been sitting out in front of her house for a couple weeks, so I salvaged a weird flamingo fisherman guy, and another flamingo that lights up when it gets a lot of sunlight, which is not today. So much rain. And our big tall sunflower up front is doing gangbusters out there. Loving all the pollinators that swarm around the flowers, and I absolutely adore having her out there. 




digits
exercise:
12/12 hours, Mall Walkin' 46 min/1.19 mi. 12k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9:30am: 166
4:30pm: 165
10pm: 116

food & meds:

9:30am: jardiance, new meds
11:30am: English muffin w/pb and nice cherry preserves
1pm: met+glip
3:30pm: detroit style pizza, 3 beers
5pm: new meds
6pm: small bowl of fettuccine w/ meat sauce and one piece of garlic toast
7:30pm: met+glip
red wine w/diet ginger ale 

No comments:

Post a Comment