Saturday, August 01, 2026

We Run, We Nap, We Eat

I play a game with myself when it comes to sleep. If I wake up and it is after 6am, I'll stay up. But before, I'll try and go back to sleep. 

Today, I woke up at 5:50. 

Ha.

I had to pee so I went downstairs, did the duty, and got in the guest bed and put on a podcast. I heard Doug come down at about 6:30, he fed the dog, and he made coffee. I stayed in bed and fell back asleep quickly again. 

Eventually Toffee came in to check on me, have a cuddle, and I got up. Let the day begin. I went out and watered the garden. Farmer Chris is happy with the flowers but the zucchini is not well and we have one semi-decent cucumber. The lettuce was knocked out by a whistle pig, and the bumper crop are the peppers and the tomatoes. They are doing quite well. Lots of green tomatoes that will probably all come ready while I am away. 

Kind of disappointed in the veg garden, but. Oh well. I think everything just got fried to death in the heatwave. And that makes me sad.

Doug went and took a nap around 11 and I figured it would be a good time to do the treadmill. I want to try and do 5k more frequently before ... gasp! A week from tomorrow! I started out on the faster side of things and then just felt slow and fat and gloppy... so I finished in about 48 minutes when I usually do it in 43 or less. No worries. I will take it. 

And, It was nice to get that many steps out of the way by noon.

I asked Doug if he wanted to do anything today and he was kind of "meh," It kind of bums me out because starting Wednesday I am not here for like almost 3 weeks. I'd like to do some fun together before Wednesday. 

Around 4:30 I felt like I also could use a nap, so I did that. I don't usually but I guess I needed it. I slept through the 5pm hour and missed those steps but who cares. I was already over 10k steps for the day anyway!  

Geoff cooking dinner woke me up. He was browning apples and onions to go over some pork chops. It was very tasty and I ate a lot more than I should have. But it was so good. 

The one notable thing that happened is Guster and their partner organization Reverb do a volunteer service day on Saturday during the weekend, and I was selected for one project and Linda was selected for the other. We decided we wanted to do the project I was selected for. We'll be cutting apples for a dehydration machine for a food project. I'm all for it. 

The other project Linda was selected for was trail maintenance, and neither of us want ticks or exhaustion. And Linda's back may not agree upon doing it. I think I'd be alright with it, but ... August and trail maintenance and I are not best friends. 

Digits below! 






digits
exercise:
11/12 hours,  Slept through 5pm. 11k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

8am: 159
4pm: 169
10:30pm: 177

food & meds:

8am: jardiance, new meds
9:30am: ramekin mixed nuts
12:30pm: met+glip; large bowl of mac & cheese w/bacon
6:30pm: new meds
7pm: red wine + diet ginger ale; pork chops in an apple/onion/raisin reduction sauce (mmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment