It has to happen once in a while, right?
I'd been gone most of the month of August, pretty much, and the guys made a lot of food. Without me here to eat my fair share, there were leftovers.
Heck, there were leftovers from before I left.
And I was looking for something when I saw that there was a bag of cherries way, way in the back that had gone straight to oblivion.
It was time to clean out the fridge.
Big open time in the middle of the day today, so I went in and cleaned things out. I'm not sure why we have 5 different containers of stock (2 beef, 2 chicken, one vegetable) but okay. Use-by date stamps on all of them are in the future so I combined the doubles, and made for some good space. 2 containers of heavy whipping cream, one was way past its use-by date, so that got pitched and it made me sad. The other one is still super good and I like making homemade whipped cream so heck yeah, I'll do that tomorrow.
Several almost empty jars of jelly, preserves, jams etc. No duplicates but I've put them into the front so people see them and use them. Two pieces of toast or one pb&j sammitch will take care of things.
Five, count'em, 5 Hamburger Dill Pickle jars, all open, all somewhat used, now combined into 1 and a half.
Beer that was pushed to the way back of the fridge which now has been brought to the door. Some of it I won't drink, like I don't like thes Kona Fruity Hawaiian beers, there are a couple Shandy beers that I'm just not into. But oh heck yeah, here's a Cushwa.
We'll drink them and make room for others.
And the aforementioned leftovers. All but one container of things was pitched. Doug had made some sort of stew while I was away, and it is still very good. Not to be pitched, and had I known about it that's what I would have had for lunch yesterday.
The next step would be taking out all the shelves and cleaning them all, but I'm not mentally there. I should get mentally there. Things should always be cleaned. But I'm not sure how these shelves come out, unlike my last refrigerator where I knew and could easily do that. These look complicated. And I don't enjoy complicated.
Now we can go buy more food and have places to put it. And seeing as Doug wasn't "thinking that far ahead" to dinner for tonight, I went to the market. I'm always uninspired so I asked him what he wanted. He said hot dogs. Okay. Hot dogs it is. Classy. I sat out until I got too many bug bites. It was a gorgeous night out.
Digits below!
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours Treadmill run, 20 min/1.36 mi. 11k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
8:45am: 115
4:15pm: 178
11pm: 137
food & meds:
8:45am: jardiance, new meds
8:45am: slab of raspberry danish
1:30pm: tuna salad on multigrain toast; met+glip
4:15pm: new meds
7:30pm: 2 hotdogs, full carb buns, some potato salad, white wine
8:30pm: met+glip

No comments:
Post a Comment