Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A Different Dinner

(I thought I hit publish before closing the laptop last night! oops) 


Geoff gets home from class at 9pm on Mondays, and we get the trash out, I coordinate the cardboard and plastic/bottle/aluminum, and he does the dragging of the barrels to the road,  

Sometimes I just do it all for him, on nights when it isn't freezing out. I just do it. He seems relieved that he doesn't have to think about it. 

Tuesdays he usually has lab/class in person but that didn't happen today, so he's been here. I've gotten used to it being just me and Phin on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. He had a huge exam this evening, online, and was exceptionally anxious about it. He ended up getting an 86 and was pleased with that.

I mentioned in the morning that we could use a trip to the market if he was up for it, if he needed a break. I said "if you don't want to, it's all good, I can head out after 4. He came up at 12:30 and said he could use a break, and headed out. Doug had bought some lamb chops recently, manager's special. Anytime anything is under 7 bucks a pound that is "a deal" in Doug's world. So these were marked for fast sale, and that's what we had for dinner. 

I chopped up a whole slew of potatoes that have been in the cabinet since about New Year's. Both Doug and Geoff bought bags when out shopping around that time.  And we only used one bag. Some of these tubers were no good, others still great. It was fun cutting the eyes off of them. 

I diced them and they went into the oven for roasting. Geoff didn't feel like peeling them, so, roasted it was. 

I have a couple shallots, some garlic, he got fresh rosemary, so the chops sat in some flavor for a couple hours. I waited until Doug got home and pan seared them - they were outstanding. Must say so. 

It's nice to make something for dinner that I don't usually make. I've gotten to the point where I'm bored with food and preparing food, and deciding what to make with food. I just want someone else to do it. I want to just order out and not think about it, but that is a treat thing, not an every day thing. And I can't control what's in the ingredients with take out, so there is probably a deadly amount of carbs in things that I think are low carb. 

Aside from a spot of flour for the pan gravy on these, it's a virtually no-carb dish. Well. Save for the potatoes. 


digits! Below!




digits

exercise:

blood glucose:
8:30am: 173
5pm: 172
10pm: 196

food:
coffee, water
9:45am: 2 oreo cookies
10:45am: fritos scoops w/ black bean salsa dip
11:30am: metformin; turkey sandwich w/mayo on 647 bread, some more fritos for crunch.
7pm: metformin+jardiance; 2 lamb chops, some roasted potatoes, gravy, and wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment