Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Waste

My refrigerator was smelly. 

Yesterday, Geoff was making lunch and I could just smell something had gone round the bend. Dang. I hate that. I hate the idea of food wasting when it is as expensive as it is right now. 

What could the culprit be? We had some lamb chops last week and there were two too many in the container. I thought I'd throw them on the grill for lunch one day last week just to use them, but I didn't. I bet they're the problem. 

I mustered up the courage, went in to investigate. There were the lamb chops and yes, they were bad. I also noticed a bag of chicken thighs, I'd cooked half of them for dinner the other night (Last Thursday to be exact because I blog my food), and was saving these for dinner probably for tonight. Those also were bad. Which I had a hard time believing. We literally just bought them. and they're gone. 

Last night for dinner, we had boneless pork chops. I usually do the same thing, cook 2-3 for each of us, save the rest for another night. Last night though, I cooked them all. Fuck it. I'm not going to plan a meal for Saturday and have these go bad. Doug asked me what I was thinking - I'm thinking, dude. I'm not throwing away meat that costs 9.99 a pound. Again. 

Leftover chops it is. At some point. Today I'm focused on the leftover tuna casserole. Geoff doesn't like tuna casserole, and Doug hasn't touched it. So I want it out of my fridge before it gets moldy. I'll take one for the team as far as the carbs go. 

Back to the meat. I was really disappointed to throw away the meat. I should have cooked the lamb. made something like gyro meat, put it aside, put it in a wrap with yogurt and veg. The chicken thighs, damn. a full meal for three of us. Was going to do a marinade (I did one with orange and rosemary, so I was going to do one with soy sauce and ginger and lime). 

I dunno. I should be more diligent on planning. So this doesn't happen. 

I had a busy day, and I was going to send Geoff to the store for something, but he had a seminar to attend about graduation. The requirements, the paperwork, how many people he can invite (6!), and all those details you gotta know. He came upstairs at 5, his online class starts at 5:30 on Tuesday. We discussed what's for dinner and I decided well, I don't feel like going to the market and his class was getting ready to start. So I ordered pizza and wings from a place we've never used. It was okay. Not the best, probably better in person than delivery. I had two slices of pizza and a lot of wings. 

And we still need a trip to the market tomorrow. 

No picture. Again, boring.  Sorry!

 





digits

exercise: 12/12  hours of 250 steps. Dedicated 10+15 while waiting for dinner. additional 15 min pokemon walk after dinner.

blood glucose:
8am: 165
5pm: 145 (195 in one finger, that is a 50 point diff. I'll take the lower number!) 
9:30pm: 165

food:
coffee, water
11:30: 2 bowls of leftover tuna casserole (added extra tuna to stretch it out); metformin
6:30pm: 10 buffalo wings, 2 slices of pizza. Metformin+jardiance. Gin & Tonic 🍸🍸🍸

No comments:

Post a Comment