Monday, February 13, 2023

Super Bowl Monday

Went to bed super late last night even though I didn't really care about the football game. Longtime readers know I've been a voracious football fan in the past. The past couple of years though, my interest has faded due to a lot of reasons. 

Mostly I should say since none of my teams have been big winners. More like big wieners.  

Last night, when the game was over, it was fun to watch the on field celebrations and hear from the team, and watch the sad post game interviews from the locker room. 

It must have been 12:30 when I went to bed. 

I was thinking about how for years we'd go up to Maine to party with our friends Wayne and Marcia, how they would just host a big throw down. We all had a bunch of kids, sometimes it was the only time Jess would see their friend Sara (aka Wren these days) and all the Hyde kids. I loved those days. How fun was that. Doug and I were in the market and there were frozen wings and meatballs and I stood there thinking about Wayne cheffing up wings that would bake for hours in the oven and he'd make a glaze with grape jelly and coke. Literally. The most delicious shit ever. I googled recipes for it, and none of the ones I found match the magic he'd concoct. I should email Marcia, ask if she knows the recipe. 

We had a small spread, but it was carb heavy and my blood sugar was huge at bedtime. I thought a protein shake would help, but it was barely helpful. Today I did myself a disservice and had slices of sourdough, should have not. But. I did. 

Geoff was at class tonight, so Doug and I basically decided on leftovers. No real good dinner plans. I'm going to bed hungry and lazy, and thinking about Wayne's wings.


no picture, nothing fun going on.



digits 

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps today. Missed the 4pm hour by a step or two! meetings!

blood glucose:
8:30am: 183
5pm: 200
10pm:173

food:
coffee, water
10am: protein shake
10:30: 2 slices of Mike's sourdough bread w/butter (can't resist!)
11:45am: metformin; slices of turkey, strips of Edam cheese
3pm: apple+peanut butter
7pm: metformin+jardiance; left over french onion soup 
10pm: potato roll w/ peanut butter & jelly


No comments:

Post a Comment