Friday, February 03, 2023

It's Friday, I'm in Love

 I'm always in love. But every Friday morning I wake up singing The Cure. A nearly 31 year old song, and it's the first thing that pops into my head. I wonder if people in 1729 did this with some song that came out in 1697. 

Today I'm in an exceptionally good mood. Is it because it's Friday and I'm in love, or because I can close my laptop at 5 and turn my brain off? 

I thought after we got through the last phase of the project that I would be a little more easy going and free but the past week or so has been straight up busy. I'm also disappointed that the email that I worked up and sent yesterday got zero response from our teams, and I was hoping for response today. Hoping for some traction Monday. 

Fridays are supposed to be about going through our queue and closing old/outstanding tickets but I feel like Fridays are like the only day I can get anything going and accomplished. So thankful for my colleague who was so helpful this week in solving a mystery that I couldn't stick my face in or make sense of. 

I asked Geoff to go stop by the beer and wine store, get wine and beer, and he got beer. I don't really want beer. I also don't really want a gin & tonic. But also - I don't feel like putting on a stink face and going out to the store myself so. 

I have had a stomach ache all day, heartburn. meh. I had pasta for dinner and I'm now extra sick to my stomach. I think I'll head to bed early.


If you don't know the words, sing along with this handy dandy graphic! Jess used to have this t-shirt. I wonder if they still do. Reason to email kid and ask.

digits

exercise: 12/12 250. no dedicated 10.

blood glucose:
8:30am: 147
3:45pm: 163
8:30pm: 147 but i find that hard to believe

food:
coffee, water
12 noon: 1/2 tomato that geoff left behind
1pm: protein shake; metformin
3:45pm: slice of rye bread toast w/butter
6pm: linguini with pasta sauce and 4 meatballs; metformin+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment