Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Plant Watering, Jam Band, and Cookies Kind of Day

Doug seems to be feeling pretty good today, except he said he's not sleeping well. He's tossing, turning, waking up, not getting any rest. I said two naps a day may do that to a body, so maybe try one nap today. 

He was up and out of bed at 8:30am. He is cranky and vocal, much more than the past few days so that's... improvement? 

I am now pretty sure I know where he picked it up - Jury Duty. Counting back to the jury duty bit, knowing that he sat in the courtroom for 2 full solid days with these folks, it figures out just right. So if he was exposed, took 12 days for it to surface on him, I'm now counting the same amount of time for me to pick up on it. This time next week probably. If it comes, it comes.

Geoff tested this evening before going to the store. So conscientious of him to go through a drive-through to pick up dinner and not want to expose people. We watch and wait for him as well. 

Doug put a spotify playlist on and it has been all Grateful Dead, Greensky Bluegrass, Yonder Mountain String Band, String Cheese Incident, Umphrey's McGee and others. I asked him if he was familiar with the band Moe.. (there are 2 periods there on purpose. The band's name is Moe. with the period after, so. Moe..). He put them on and we've been listening to them for hours. 

It's nice to listen to music I like, but I've never heard before. Doug seemed to enjoy it too, after all, he kept it on for a long long time.

Geoff and I baked cookies, and made food stuffs, and had fun in the kitchen while Doug lounged on the couch. 

I watered plants again and I am looking at some babies that even need bigger pots. My Peace Lily is drooping and looking horrible, so I trimmed off the yellow leaves and watered it, and I'm thinking it needs a new pot. I noted that the roots are starting to come out of the holes in the bottom. 

I need a yard sale! Or a trip to the nursery. I really should have picked up more pots when we were up there with the brewery being open. 

While I was watering things, taking them 2 and 3 at a time to the sink, Doug came over to the table. Usually there's a puzzle on the table, and I think he was longing for that, but we don't have one out there right now. And. Well, There are ... Plants are all over it. 

"The hell happened here! Where did all these plants come from! What the fuck!" he yelled. He is, of course, joking. Because he was with me for getting most of them, from the plant swap and a trip out to Gambrills to get some from my co-worker. 

"I know! What the hell!" I replied, standing there with a spider plant in one hand, snake plant in the other. "How on earth did this happen!" 

I'm sure I will find a shelf solution so he can get his puzzle table back. I should have done that already so he can work a puzzle while on the covid. 

Not really exciting. I feel like I should shower, but we're not going anywhere or doing anything, so meh? I was going to do the bed sheets but with Doug being sick, he can stay in that room until he's better and then I'll strip the bed. I could do the sheets in the guest room, put on the non-flannels on that bed and get ahead of it. 

Here are some cookies. In process and finished. I shouldn't bake cookies, but I did it for Doug, but he literally cannot taste them. It's not stopping him from eating and enjoying them. 


digits

exercise: 11/12 of 250 steps. New goal is at least 5000 steps a day if I'm not going anywhere or taking a good walk. just break that threshold daily.

blood glucose:
10:30am: 163
5pm: 205
11:30pm: 191

food:
coffee, water
1:30pm: metformin
2pm: 1 chocolate chip; 1 oatmeal cookie
3:30pm: realizing I had not eaten a meal today, 1 low carb small flour tortilla, grilled w/cheddar & turkey and hot bean salsa
6:30: metformin+jardiance. 4 pieces of popeyes chicken (1 thigh, 1 leg, 2 wings); scoop of red beans & rice; scoop of coleslaw, scoop of mac&cheese, 2 biscuits
7pm: wine 🍷🍷🍷
9pm: 2 baby bell cheeses

No comments:

Post a Comment