Friday, February 24, 2023

The Night Sky

 Last night I went for my pokemon walk, I glanced to the west through the clearing between two houses and saw bright objects in the night sky. I took my crummy picture (note to self: clean the camera lens there, dummy) and then opened Google Sky Map to see who was hanging out with the moon. (p.s. I highly recommend the app for your phone - download it and have fun with it!)

Looks to be Jupiter and Venus there, Neptune is not visible with the naked eye with the light pollution. Someone on twitter took a photo with their iPhone through their telescope, and a lot of things, including Neptune, showed up. 

It was kind of cool. 

My husband has been home sick since Wednesday. No fever, but a cold sweat, headache, chills, body aches, and sneezing/coughing/runny nose. I swear unto our Lord God Himself that if he gets me sick, I will be greatly displeased. With everything else happening, I do not wish to be sick. I'm banishing him to the guest room, or, banishing myself. But I want to wash those bed sheets. He napped in there today. 

I think it is Covid, personally. He disagrees. "It's just a bad cold, it's the flu," he says. 

Oh. Okay. 

Well, with him being sick, and the whole job thing, I ponder my space in space. The stars, the moon, and the planets are unchanged, unfazed, and continue to be. For millions and millions of years. 

We'll get through all this. 

In the meantime. I stress baked oatmeal cookies and I have to say, they're the BEST I have ever made. Ever. Stress baking, and stress snacking. And so it goes.

Digits below.

digits

exercise:

blood glucose:
9am: 145
5pm: 127
10:45pm: 182 (thanks cookies).

food:
coffee, water
11am: metformin. Left over chicken salad (before someone else could eat it all)
5pm: 3 Oatmeal craisin cookies (to ruin that nice lower than it has been blood sugar, ha). 
5:30: metformin+jardiance
6pm: white wine... 🍷🍷🍷
6:30pm: Mexican chicken a la Geoff. Topped with sour cream and black bean salsa. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Below 200 is important!! --E

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I have had a pretty good week. but I also question the accuracy of the glucose reader. It can be 20 points different on 2 different fingers.

    i usually go with the lower number. or, I'll test 3 times and take the average/middle.

    ReplyDelete