Tuesday, February 07, 2023

I just wanted a salad

Lately, I have been distracted at lunchtime, and either have not eaten until late, or, just chug a protein shake at 11am (never a good idea because it upsets my stomach if all I've had is .... coffee). Then not eat until dinner. If you follow the digits, you see my sins.

Today I was here alone. Boy at school, Doug off to work. Me and dog. 

Tuna salad, me style today!  Alriiiiiiiight! 

Doug doesn't like onion in his tuna, he prefers celery. That's okay, but I love me some zesty onion. I whipped up 2 cans (1 can isn't enough, 2 cans is too much, so I figured I'd have more for later). 

Lately, instead of making a salad to plop the tuna on top of, and then have like dry lettuce and stuff, which I would want salad dressing on, but salad dressing would conflict with the tuna salad (oh, the struggle) I've been thin dicing romaine lettuce, cutting some cherry tomatoes in half, and mixing that into the tuna with the mayo and making a completely mixed salad. I've been loving that lately. Doug thinks it is gross.

But today it was all about me being home by myself, making the lunch that I want to see in the world. 

So I've got my salad all ready and I go to get the mayo. I whip open the fridge.

I can't find the mayo. Where the hell is the mayo?

There has to be mayo in this fridge. I do not want to open another jar of mayo and then find an already open jar of mayo. This happens all the time. We often have: 2 open containers of cream cheese, 2 mayos, 2 catsup bottles, multiple relishes of the same variety.... no. I'm not going to do it. 

Digging into the fridge, I notice that there are a lot of 4 packs of beer. Doug and I brought some home from the brewery on Sunday, Geoff also picked some up. Nice to have a goodly assortment of bevvies, yes. But they take up real estate. 

They're all held together by these nice plastic holders that have replaced the classic plastic rings anymore. And we've got 3 or 4 of them, shoved into the bottom of the fridge. 

I live with monsters. 

How's come no one can take 2 of these things apart, or 2 out of each lil collection, and put them in the can dispenser inside the fridge. So I'm like okay - there is probably mayo behind the beer. 

I start ripping the cans out of the plastic dealies. 

3, 4, 5, 6.... and one just EXPLODES all over me.  All over the kitchen. All over the dog. 

Somehow the plastic cover thing was perfectly positioned right by the pull tab, and my aggressive de-packaging of the cans resulted in one just going off. 

And it went off. Boy did it go off.

I stood there with beer on my face, my glasses, all over my shirt, oh and the ceiling... wondering when the last time was that I was so royally done up on like this. 

A toddler, back seat of a car, Long Island. Green Lollipop. Yeah. That was a memorable one. 

Anyway, I just wanted a salad, don't forget that. All I wanted was a salad. 

I set the beer in the sink (coffee chocolate porter, btw) and commenced to cleaning. Thankfully I do not have a meeting until 2. I can... clean all this up. it'll be alright. 

Inside the fridge, then outside the fridge, the wall, the doorframe, the floor. The Dog. I can't clean the ceiling. Screw that. 

There was no mayo behind the beer. 

I open a new mayo. I mix my salad. I shove my beer covered glasses up onto my beer covered hair. I eat and enjoy my salad. And I drink the 4 or so ounces of beer in the can because I'm not pouring delicious craft beer down the drain.

I take a shower. 

That was ... my day.  

I was going to write about the plant babies that I got, but for now. Here's one picture. It has some magic.


digits

exercise: 12/12 of 250 steps. Pacing the house during dinner not really a dedicated 10 but movement. Hosed the area rug off. spent a lot of time lugging that and turning it, hosing it off, dragging it to the porch. That was kind of a workout!

blood glucose:
8am: 177
4:30pm: 144
10pm: 198 (??)

food:
coffee, water, about 5 oz of beer (see above)
8am: slices of turkey, slice of cheese
noon: metformin
1pm: tuna salad (see above)
2pm: the rest of the tuna (see above about 2 cans... oy)
5:30: about 4 oz of beer (the rest went in the fajitas)
6:15pm: 2 fajitas (chicken, onion, peppers, sour cream, cheese) on 2 low carb wraps
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30: last of the chicken (not enough to wrap up for leftovers tomorrow so. I ate it)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment