Thursday, February 16, 2023

Starting Off With A Bang

Jeeeez is it pouring out. As I write this, about noon, the sky just opened up and it is out of hand out there. Unreal. It's pitch dark in the living room. I turned on the white lights to bring some cheer into the place.

Doug got up at 6 to get ready to leave here by 7:15 at the latest. I heard him still in the shower at 6:55 when the dog woke up to go out. I hope he made it there on time. 

We also were kind of like "WTF. Can justice wait for us to get there at 8:30am? That's so much more reasonable!" But I guess ... Justice gets out of bed early. Or something. 

Phin went out at 6:55 and he and I went back to bed. I heard Doug and Geoff talking (Geoff is always up early. Always). I heard him leave, and so did Phineas so he got out of bed again, and wanted to go out again, so we were up for the day. Got some coffee, played a new stupid game on my phone that I'm obsessed with, picked up the laptop at 8. 

I have a little routine every day:  I check the email. I look at Slack, I check the helpdesk tickets to see if any replies came in from previous discussions. I wait to look at the new ones. I look at Facebook and Twitter. I read my personal email, which usually is zero non-marketing emails (unless my girl C emails me). 

We did a code deploy last night on one of the products I support, and from 8:30am to 10:30am, it was a scramble to troubleshoot one of the updates. It didn't work. At least, for everyone except the devs. Everything looked fine at their end but at my end, and all of our colleagues' end, well, not so much. 

A lot of work and I ended up missing steps for the 9am and 10am hours! I hate that! I've gotten so disciplined with getting off my ass. So I lost those 2 hours. doh. 

It's okay ... when I think about 1 year ago I maybe got 2k steps for the day and now consistently 5k, and if I work harder more, I made up for the missing 500 steps by doing other things during the day. 

I've been having some big work feelings in the past few weeks, I can't really get into it. I don't know who reads this. I just feel under appreciated and unrecognized for who I am and what I bring. It's annoying and to be honest ... insulting. I know I shouldn't let stupid things bother me but sometimes stupid things add up to bigger things. I'll just say that this was a day where I honestly felt like I was doing great work, and then one person says one thing and I am slapped right back into my own self doubt and imposter syndrome. 

So I made a great marinade for the chicken thighs, took a beat, and went back to do my best work. It's all I can do. I guess. 

photo taken at noon - it was so dark and gloomy here, I turned on the lights to bless the living room. Digits, below. 



digits

exercise: 10/12 of the hourly 250 steps
Dedicated 10+3.  
11:57 started my hour steps, continued into 12, kept going until 10 past... While eating my sandwich, picking things up, moving things to the kitchen that were left here in the living room last night. Picking up 1 thing at a time made for about 6 round trips. 

blood glucose
8:30am: 164
4pm:167
11pm: 159

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: geoff's leftover pizza cheese
12 noon: metformin; pbj on 647 bread
3pm: pepitas, trail mix w/chocolate chunks+raisins
6pm: 2 chicken thighs in marinade w/ a scoop of left over white chinese rice mixed with beef broth, peas; wine 🍷; metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: Mixed nuts



No comments:

Post a Comment