Thursday, February 02, 2023

Bye, Candy

Image below is essential. I put it where I usually put images so those who don't want the Daily Digits don't have to see them. Scroll down, come back. 

I was working this morning and got a text. The person had a wrong number, I ignored it. They wrote again, and part of me said "you should just immediately block that number because they are dumb." But sitting there, you know the really nice part of me is thinking....  ya know, what if James is their boss. And they have to account for their whereabouts. What if they get fired because James never got their text. Oh no. I mean. I can't be party to that, can I! 

There was this text. Looking at me. 

So I did it. I wrote back and I told them they had a wrong number. I figured it was the end of things. But they wrote again. I told them, no, I'm not James, you've got my number. I'm Chris.

Now, mind you, I used the short name and not Christine on purpose. Chris could be a dude. Right? I wanted to come off as nice, but maybe not a female. Maybe a man. 

This smelled a little like Phishing to the other part of me, the part that says "this is sum bullshit" about things. 

Honestly, if I had nothing better to do, I probably would have spent some time fucking around and texting back and forth. However, it was a heck of a day. I was avoiding a helpdesk ticket that was a little challenging and I'd hoped a colleague would take it (I ended up taking it.... stressful), there are still things going on from Tuesday and I'd been sitting on a draft of an email since Tuesday night. My work bestie needed a thing, that I didn't know was an urgent thing, it came to me via another person, and he seemed nonplussed over it, so I figured I'd take my time. I should know better. It was urgent, but he's a little too laid back. 

They wrote back, apologized for the mistake. I told them no worries. smiley emoji. Figured again, that was it. 

But no. They continued. I did not reply. They persisted ... I blocked them. 

Probably the best idea, but now I kind of feel like I may get more of these texts from weirdos. They got my number, right? Even though I blocked them, they can use another number, and another number. 

Fuckers, right?  

I think that this is one of the ways people like Doug's Aunt get sucked into the messes they get in. 

I was polite, but I was not interested. I blocked them because I just am not going to play. Not today, Satan. My coworker laughed when I told him this story, and he sent me this link to a great article - Buzzfeed Wrong Number Texts and yes. I could have had some fun. Missed opportunity, I think. 

"I wonder why don't you answer me..." 
Bye, Candy. 

Digits below. I'm off to early bed, maybe read for 2 seconds. 

digits

exercise: dedicated 10+2, dinner was ready and so was I. 1-/12 hours of 250 steps

blood glucose:
8:30am: 177
4:45pm: 166
8:45pm: 156

food:
coffee, water 
11:30am: chicken salad (about a chicken breast, mayo, cream cheese, walnuts, craisins); metformin
5:45pm: bowl of cheese steak stuff with onions & mushrooms, american cheese, salsa, sour cream
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment