Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Go Places Do Things Kids

I had a dream this morning about a band. A foursome, young kids, like early 20s. They were being interviewed live before a performance, and the name of the band was The Go Places Do Things Kids.They were fun and happy, and the interview was full of laughter. 

I don't remember any of the questions. They didn't play me any music. I woke up and said "In a world where there are too many bands and all the good names have been taken, that's not a bad name." 

My brain may be telling me something. 

I need to Go Places and Do Things. I'm just not feeling interesting, or feeling like I have anything interesting to talk about or blog about. I suppose that's what happens when you make a pact with yourself to write every single blasted day, eh?

My past couple of days worth of entries are really boring because all the work week is exceptionally boring and horribly busy. I try to think of something to write about or say, and I'm pretty dried out. 

Anyway, I am going to be a Go Places Do Things Kid in a couple of weeks. Well, almost exactly one month. Linda and I are going to Florida March 22nd, we'll see Guster in Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. We're hoteling in Orlando, but my friends M & J are hosting us after the Ft. Lauderdale show. They'll keep us for the weekend. The following weekend, I believe that's Philadelphia for more Guster. Doug may join us but Linz is looking to get a site visit to one of her company's clients, and then her boss will pay for the hotel. Hey Now. That can be super duper nice & fancy. Oh and then the week after that, Guster in Huntington NY with days before and after to visit friends and family in the hometown... should be fun. 

Funington Fun. 

Second week of April is looking boring already.

I thought about flying us to New Orleans, me and Doug, so I could uhhhhh, see Guster on March 18th and he could walk around his very favorite city, but I passed on it. Not saying there's not still time. The show is on a Saturday. I mean, we could do it. It would be hilarious. Just showing up without any of my fan club pals knowing that I'm coming. 

There are other shows I could have wrenched in, like Norfolk, VA, Jacksonville, and Key West. We almost did that last one, but hotels in Key West are entirely unaffordable. Our friend J contacted a friend of his who has a houseboat for rent, but the third person in our travel plan has MS and wouldn't be able to use the gangplank, and you have to walk to the marina to use the bathroom. Not a problem for me and Linz, but... she's got mobility issues and doesn't want to get caught halfway to the bathroom with an urgent go. So I totally understand that. And I didn't want to go to a show, and drive back north to Miami. Or even one of the other keys. Not happening. At night. That's dumb. 

So, no Key West for us. Sadly. 

But today, Doug and I were Go Places and Do Things kids. We ran errands, went to Target, and found ourselves at Quench for beers and dinner. We were perfectly happy hanging out there, but last call was 8:45, so we paid our tab, bought mead and cider to bring home from the bottle store next door. We had snacks, and more beer at home. I'd probably be sitting there still if we hadn't come home. Thanks, early last call. 

Anyway, we'll see if Sunday has us being go places do things kids too. I'm proud of us for leaving the house today. 

Picture below is an example of brewer's lace - a good sign of a great beer.  as the kids say IYKYK 


digits

exercise: 11/12 of 250 steps (missed 7pm because we were sitting at the restaurant...)

blood glucose
9am: 174
5pm: 148
11pm: 240 

food:
coffee, water
10am: 2 eggs, 2 slices of american cheese, 3 strips of bacon, salsa, burrito wrapped in a carb balance large tortilla
noon: metformin
7pm: buffalo wings, spinach salad w/chicken, 3 beers,
9pm: metformin+jardiance; 2 baby bells
10pm: reeses peanut butter cup minis; beer
10:30pm: can of tuna fish

No comments:

Post a Comment