Saturday, February 04, 2023

The Gathering

Today I went to Virginia for a gathering. A former co-worker who left our office in 2019 to go work for a Big Huge Famous Important company convened friends and colleagues to come celebrate 10 years since he came to America from Beirut, Lebanon. 

He became a citizen while we were working together and said the funniest thing to me. 

After his swearing in, he came to the office, in his suit and tie, looking fresh and shiny. Big smile on his face, showed us all his certificate and his photo taken in front of the giant American flag and seal of the US. I asked him why he didn't take the day off, celebrate with his family. 

"I came to work because that's what American Citizens do! We make money and get things done! Now stop goofing around everyone, and get back to your desks!" 

So happy to know this guy and when he left, he sucked a lot of fun out of the building. 

Geoff came with me. They had connected personally on WWE/AEW wrestling stuff. We had a fantastic visit, chatted with some folks who left our office before and during the pandemic. Some regret it, some are doing great. My friend Adam and another guy Patrick are still there, so we got to listen to their thoughts on what it is like to work somewhere else. One has been laid off twice since leaving. 

It was a fun, boisterous, joyful event. Geoff got to explain what he was doing for school, he hasn't seen max since 2019, so this was a good time for them to catch up, and maybe make plans to see a wrestling event in person in DC. 

After we got home, I took my blood sugar, it was high, I didn't have any protein or cheese to wolf down, but I did take a nap. A good nap. Doug made stew for dinner and thought it was watery so he put white rice in it, I wish I had gotten a bowl before he did. So I had a lot of carbs and stuff that I didn't really want to have. Meh. Gotta get a good walk in tomorrow, if it isn't too cold!

Digits below picture. 

digits

exercise: 8/12 of 250 steps. no dedicated 10. 

blood glucose:
9am:177
4:30pm: 230
10:30pm: 229

food
coffee, water
noon: metformin; apple & peanut butter
2-4pm: 3 beers, 6 buffalo wings; shared hot pretzel w/ mustard
7pm: metformin+jardiance; stew w/ pork, peas & carrots; white rice; onion (a doug creation)
10:30pm: couple slices of turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment