Monday, February 27, 2023

Why is February taking so long?

 I feel like it has been February a long time, like an extra week. Does anyone else feel like that? It's just been a grind lately. A very long and not really fun month. Looking forward to March. Doug said to me, when I mentioned this to him, he uttered "Can't believe it is already March this week! Someone said something about meeting March 2nd and I was like "oh that's next week." But no it is not."

It's funny how we both are perceiving time differently.

I had kind of an off day. I was a little black raincloud, and just didn't feel like working but I did. Thankfully not a lot of meetings, a couple quick touches of bases. I got the same helpdesk ticket question over and over, so much so that I don't have a macro to auto reply but I swear I could use one. Very cranky. 

But there was good news. One of the contractors on our team who had his run end with us December 31 started his new job today on another team involved with our project. Today was his first day. And he was such an asset to our team, I know that in his new role he'll continue to be so. And I'm so happy to have him with us.

He'd applied for this job before they announced layoffs and hiring frezes/stoppage. He was relieved about that but gave up 11 years with his previous job and now he's slightly terrified he'll lose this one. 

I told him to bank as much money as possible, do good work, and whatever happens happens. I kind of feel like we're going to be merged into a new team. I think that is how things smell and sound when people are talking about reorganization and redistribution. I have a dream team of coworkers from across many departments and if we all were shifted, together, well then. It'd be kind of cool. 

Still, knowing that folks are going to lose their jobs and some of them are potentially on our team, it stings. Sigh. 

I didn't hit my 5000 steps, I was lucky to hit all 12 hours. I was feeling funky and tired with a stomach ache after dinner, so I laid down and fell asleep. Doug came to check on me, and it woke me up. So I got up with 5 minutes until the top of the hour to finish the 11th hour, and start the 12th. 

Not quite a dedicated 10. But movement. I'd do it now but Doug is in bed and so is Geoff, and I don't want my steps to disturb them. It's raining and really dark out right now. I feel like we're missing a street light or something on our corner!

Off to bed now. Still have an upset stomach. I think it was from the side salad with zesty Italian! Why'd you do me like that, Zesty! 

No picture. Digits below. 



digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. Didn't break 5000. But that's alright. 

blood glucose:
8:30am: 180
4:45pm: 156
9:30pm: 183

food:
coffee, water
10am: 2 slices of 647 wheat toasted w/ peanut butter
11:15: mcintosh apple; metformin
4:45pm: 2 good cherry yogurt, ramekin of nuts
6pm: salad w/zesty italian dressing, 2 cluck pucks w/american cheese, no bun. metformin+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment