Monday, February 06, 2023

Oh there is nothing like a sick dog, is there?

 The weekend was a lot of fun. I felt like nothing was wasted. I was disappointed with Sunday's dinner, Doug wanted french bread pizza and the store only had these hard-assed baguettes, he got a nasty sauce, and we only had mushrooms to put on top. I didn't eat my bread, just the cheese, nasty sauce, and mushrooms. Dissatisfying to say the least. But. Doug and Geoff were happy for what they had and that balanced out my disappointment. So that was the only downside.

Until about 11:30pm.

Doug, Phineas and I were in bed, and Phin got up. I thought to myself "dude, you JUST went out what the F---" and he puked. All over the floor. Hit the dirty laundry, the little rug next to my side of the bed, and then he started to go again. I jumped out of bed, opened the door, dragged him out. He doesn't wear a collar so I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and hauled his ass. 

He puked in the living room, he puked on the threshold, the porch, the walkway. Doug was sitting up in bed looking confused. I grabbed the rug, no need trying to clean it, gotta go out there. maybe get hosed off. And then I started to wipe up everywhere else. 

I realized I only had bleach cleaner, which isn't the best to like, smell like when you get back in bed. But I cleaned up, and opened the door to bring him back in. 

He was out there, eating his puke. You know, like ya do, when you're a dog. Doug had his pj pants on and put on his slippers to go out there and get him. Bring him back in. We all settled into bed again, Doug and Phin fast asleep.

Me laying there, staring at the dog. 

12:30 - up again. Jump off the bed. I pushed him out the front door before he could lose it. He came back in, I helped him navigate the puke on the porch. 

I decided I'd take him in the guest room - there's a rug in there and it turns out jumping into bed is a lot easier if you have a small rug for traction. He couldn't get back in our bed earlier, without help, so I figured the rug, the ottoman, and the lower bed would be good. 

He snuggled up to my legs, 800 degrees as usual. But I wanted him touching me so I could feel if he got off the bed again. 

He did, around 2am. And puked on the rug before I could get him out the door. So I got him outside, spot cleaned the antique area rug from Doug's uncle Pete, which is over 100 years old. I may have to get it professionally cleaned. It was something I was pondering - luckily he didn't puke as much as the first go-round. We're running out of puke. 

He got back in bed. At 3am I'm there, with him horking, dry heaving, and me thinking, "Is he actually dying? Is my dog going to die in my bed tonight? Was all that Sarah McLachlan joking around some super bad karma?!" 

Eventually, I fell back asleep. He got up at 6:30, normally I'd feed him, but I sent him outside, watched him pee and come back, and I brought him back in. No breakfast for you, yet. I needed more sleep, and didn't want him to eat and chuck in less than an hour. 

Doug got up at 8, I heard him bumbling around so I called out to him when Phin got off the bed to let him know there was no brekkie, I wanted him to be monitored by a human. 

I got another half hour of rest and decided it was time to get up, because I had to pee. Gotta take care of me. Right?

He has slept most of the day, except when I ate lunch and he wanted to have some. So desperately wanted. He loves my bread crust or pieces of apple. He likes the yogurt container. He was very hopeful but there is no way I'm giving him anything right now. 

I have no idea what he got into himself to get this sick. 

I took this picture on Friday. He sleeps with his eyes open, but he rarely bleps, so I had to get this shot. Digits below, per usual. Hope we get good sleep tonight!

digits

exercise:

blood glucose:
8:30am: 198
3:45pm: 178
9:30pm: 191

food:
coffee, water
8:45am: protein shake
11:45: low carb wrap w/hummus, 1 pc of pepper jack cheese, sliced turkey. metformin (early lunch due to meetings at noon and 1pm)
3:45: apple w/peanut butter
6pm: leftover stew w/pork, tomatoes, peas, and white rice (high reading tonight as a result)
8pm: mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment