Monday, September 04, 2023

A Day Burned

Earlier today, Doug said he wanted for us to go to Fort Washington for a walk, and then stop and get seafood at Captain White's on the way home. Sounded good to me so I jumped in the shower. 

When I got out, all dressed and ready, he let me know the Fort was closed but the park was open, and that Captain White's was closed. 

Labor Day Monday, and we find ourselves seeing places actually observing the day that are, well, places where people labor! I am all for it, but, sadly, it left us with no plans. The more we looked into things, the more places were closed today. It being a Monday, the breweries around us are all closed on Mondays for the most part. Down in DC, a couple places were open but Doug didn't want to schlep into town. 

It got blazingly hot out, yesterday was hot but today is something else, something special. Hot! Part of me would like a nice walk on the canal or something, but no. Not in this heat. 

I went into the bedroom to fold laundry (neglected and cursed task that it is) and Doug read for a while, and took a nap. I played games on my phone. Geoff went to the market, got some stuff for a marinade for pork to grill up tomorrow or Wednesday. And there it is. The day is done. 

Doug did end up taking a short walk before dinner to try and salvage the day. I tried sitting outside, there was a breeze but then bugs were all in my face trying to get in my eyeballs. I thought of the horses, and how this kind of thing must make them crazy, and those hoods with things that cover their eyes so they still can see. I also was horribly annoyed by three sets of neighbors who were mowing their lawns and weed whacking all at once. 

I feel like I blew it on Saturday by us taking that day as a rest day, since it was actually the nicest day out of the weekend, but we can't turn back time. It is what it is. 

Oh and my friend M had a motorcycle accident on Saturday. He was airlifted to Baltimore where he underwent surgery to repair his fibula and tibia, both were fractured 2x each. He's alright, which is a relief.  

Back to work tomorrow, but I'm sitting here tonight thinking of two or three things I can do work-wise before tomorrow that would be wise. But I also can make bracelets for people I promised bracelets to before the Pittsburgh Guster show coming up in a couple weeks. 

Here's another horse picture, just because I have nothing else. 

digits

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 9am, cause I was sleepin'

blood glucose:

10am: 175
4:45pm: 141
10pm: 151

food:

coffee, water 
11am: bowl of left over "gumbo" Metformin
4:45pm: slice of nut oat bread (last one in the bag, had to get it used) w/ peanut butter
6:30pm: cheeseburger and a salad of celery+celery greens, goat cheese, tomato, red onion, cucumber, pepitas, and green goddess dressing
white wine
8pm: trail mix

No comments:

Post a Comment