Sunday, September 24, 2023

On It Goes

Spent time tonight catching up with Linz and my girl C. Life is complicated, friends. So complicated. But I love my girls and we have each others' backs. And that is all that matters.

Linda is monitoring mom's situation. By Wednesday we may have to decide to have me go up to relieve her because she'll be there a week and she wants to be home next weekend for her MIL's birthday. 

In theory, I can fly up Thursday. I can stay a week and then drive down with mom and Jess on the Friday for my father's funeral weekend. I can work wherever there is wifi. Life is good. 

We'll see. 

Today is just Sunday, and Linda feels that she can hopefully get mom eating and getting stronger. Home health ordered PT and OT for her, so if she can get stronger in just one week we'll be feeling better, But if she can't. Well. What are our options. 

Linda thinks we can get her in a short term rehab, but she may not want to do it. But she can't be alone.

I have the day off on Thursday. I'm going to a concert on Wednesday night in Anapolis, and Sara and I are booked into a hotel that night for a GIRLS DAAAAAY in Annapolis Thursday and some fun. 

Maybe it'll turn into her taking me to the airport for an 8pm flight?

It could all work out well.

But then after October 10th when Jess brings her home, what do we do with Shirl.

A couple weeks ago I told Doug there was a winter rental near Shirley from the beginning of October through the end of April. 

"I think you overestimate the amount of time you need to be up there." he said to me. 

Well, maybe I was right? 

But. 

It may have been too much for a whole winter. But...

I feel like we need to be there.

It's up in the air as of right now. Again, I'll say it again, I'm so thankful for her being there this week. But we may need some planning and organization around this. 

That said. I'm going to say something. It breaks my heart to say it. I'm thankful Phin died right now - I couldn't imagine us trying to juggle him and his needs, or me taking him up to Massachusetts with the car so he could be with me and keep my mom company. Actually I think about that and she may love having him there. He was such a good doobie. I could lift him into bed to sleep with me. He'd be confused about the new place but he traveled so well over the past few trips that he'd be okay. 

So.

More to come. 

I have no picture today, it is just not an interesting day.







digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 1pm because I was playing a game on my phone and lost track of time. doh.

blood glucose:

10am: 155
6pm: 161
10pm: 194

food:

coffee, water
11am: metformin
12:30 Jonagold apple w/Peanut butter
6pm: oreo cookies
6:30pm: 2 sausages w/sauce and cheese
vodka tonic
9:30pm: metformin+jardiance (forgot to take at dinner oops)
more oreo cookies (sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment