Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Procrastination, Procrastination, and Pivots

Meant to post on Tuesday. Barely posting on Wednesday

I'm shopping for an urn. As mentioned the other day.

We kind of procrastinated on this. Like, .... it's like we didn't know what date the funeral was going to be. We've known for weeks. The ashes came to us in a weird green plastic box and it's just not .... nice.  So I went to Etsy and started looking around, a couple weeks ago. Then I stopped. I was just distracted and didn't feel like redirecting myself to the needed tasks. 

And here we are. A week and a couple days out.

The urns I looked at could still be purchased, for extra shipping or whatever and I'd have to do it today and the guy said he can't guarantee it would be here in time. I found another seller, and worked with him for expedited shipping. 

I went to Amazon and there are some there that are a lot cheaper and can be here by Oct 1. 

But these are nice. Much nicer.

Doing stuff sucks. It makes me want to just go lie down on the bed and play with the phone. I guess I can't be mad at my mom when she doesn't want to adult, and just wants to play some video games on her computer. I know the feeling. I want to just ignore the responsibilities of everything and meh. 

Why am I like this? Sometimes I'm all organized and getting shit done and spot on top of it all and other times (like now?) I'm just in a fog. 

I managed to make a decision, I purchased the urn I wanted that I should have bought 3 weeks ago. I paid a shit ton extra for expedited shipping. I'm an idiot. but it is done. It's nice and it's done. 

I got email from the funeral home at about 4pm saying 

....


the church isn't doing funerals on the day we picked because it is a holiday weekend and no one is working. so ..... 


Pick another date. 

Ha. 


More to come. Digits for 2 days below. 

 

Tuesday: digits

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  

blood glucose:

9:30am: 174
4:30pm: 183
10pm: 241 (eep)

food:

coffee, water
11am: small ramekin of mac&cheese
11:45am: metformin; tuna salad cheese quesadilla (shredded cheddar, tuna & celery) 
5:30pm: bowl of chili w/cheese, sour cream, cheetos
6pm: Metformin+Jardiance
6:30: another bowl of chili


Wednesday: digits

exercise x/12 hours of 250 steps.  

blood glucose:

8:30am: 183
5pm: 163
11pm: 197 

food:

coffee, water
12:00pm: Metformin
12:45pm: bowl of left over pot roast
3pm: three slices of ham
7pm: chicken quesadilla w/avocado, sour cream, salsa. poke tacos, 3 beers (small) 
8pm: metformin+jardiance
10:45pm: popcorn+truly seltzer 

No comments:

Post a Comment