Monday, September 11, 2023

Red Onion

Everyone has a food they like that others do not. In our household, I'm a huge fan of red onions. No one else is. I want to put them in tuna salad, little mediterranean salads, on hot dogs, all over. Doug wrinkles his nose. "they have too strong a flavor." Yeah dude, that's why I love them. 

Today, I was working a problem and he made lunch but didn't make me any (pfth, rude). I got freed from my nonsense and went to the kitchen to realize I was on my own. 

Awesome.

One can of tuna, several pieces of diced up red onion, mayo, black pepper. Mix that up and let it sit. Then grill your grilled cheese sammitch. Or, make a quesadilla. Smack that tuna on there after the cheese is melted (hot tuna salad is weird). Nom nom nom that nom, baby. 

But no one in my family likes red onion. Geoff brings one home from the market for me, and I use it for things I make for just me, like today's tuna. And I love it.

There wasn't much going on today aside from work. 

Last night I couldn't fall asleep so I sat in the living room making bracelets that I should have shipped today to a friend going to Frank Turner's Lost Evenings fest. I also made Guster bracelets to mail to a friend in Chicago, and I want to have a ton of them to bring with me for Pittsburgh. 

Today in between work things I tried to get some personal things done.

I made a phone call to solidify the day/date of dad's funeral with the funeral home. Linda is still working on the location for the after party. No one is returning her emails, and the voicemail box is full. My friend Mike is connecting us with a bag piper.

How do people run a business if they do not clean their voicemail? Geoff ran into this too with a guy he was trying to set up an interview with - the dude's voicemail was perpetually full. I asked if he had the guy's email, maybe that'd be easier. He said he'd emailed him. No reply. They eventually got their connection made, and Geoff had a phone interview last week and an in person interview for tomorrow. 

This afternoon he went to the gym and picked up Phineas' medication for Cushings. We started him on it today and in 2 weeks he has to go back for a day of testing to see how the meds are working. We delayed getting him started by a week so we didn't have to worry about Geoff taking him while we're in Pittsburgh. 

I ran out of a bunch of letters for bracelets, and wanted to go up to the craft store but even though they're open until 9pm I just could not get out of my own way today. Gotta go to the post office, and Geoff won't be around to run errands for me tomorrow since he's got the in person interview, so yeah. I gotta do the things. 

I realize I like going places if I am a passenger. I just hate driving around here, and prefer everyone to just do my bidding and bring me things and run my errands. 

Plus, I'm out of wine so, gotta make the trip out tomorrow. 

Well, it's late again already. Here is a picture of Phineas not using his dog bed to the fullest last night. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.

blood glucose:

9:30am: 144
5:45pm: 130
10:30pm: 177

food:

coffee, water 
noon: tuna melt; 2 pieces of 647 bread, tuna, mayo, red onion, grilled. 
1:30: Metformin
6pm: 2 bowls of pot roast, no potatoes, yes carrots
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment