Thursday, September 21, 2023

What once was lost now is found

 I can't find my headphones so I'm in the guest room for meetings, so I don't disturb everyone in the rest of the living space of the house, or, they don't disturb me. Holding a meeting without my headphones I find I talk louder towards the computer (I talk loud anyway) and then someone's always in the kitchen banging around with food prep and stuff. So it is just better and easier to be away. 

In searching for the headphones, I found the blood glucose monitor. It was in a hidden compartment in my bag, with a shirt over it, somehow. I'm usually really good with packing, but this last trip felt like a mad dash to get out to Pittsburgh and I was a little discombobulated, I guess. 

I bet the headphones are in the car. Totally think they're in the car. 

They were in the car. Okay. Now I have my glucose monitor, my headphones, and my sanity. 

It was a busy day today with some work drama, and I didn't let any of it bother me or be pointed AT me, there was just .... drama. And where I and a couple other people felt we were doing the right thing to make things better it wasn't really what was wanted. 

Exhausting. 

My mom is not well. We think she's actively trying to kill herself by starving to death and a few of the folks around her have caught on to try and help. Linda and I are so far away, it is good to have these eyes on her. Linz is going up tomorrow to spend time up there and futz on her. 

Think about it. Your long term relationship ends because of death. You're lonely. You don't have anyone to yell at or fuss over. You .... just .... aren't sure what to do. You're depressed but tell the doctor "I don't feel depressed." But sometimes it isn't about how you "feel." 

I'm glad for Linda heading up there. I wish I was closer. 

In two weeks we'll head up to bury my dad. We still have some things to do and arrangements to solidify. Tonight I chatted with Jess who will be driving mom down to LI. We have our housing all set. Linda has made the arrangements for hte after party (the repast, the mercy meal) location. We just have a couple questions about where are we meeting up - at the Funeral Home and then processing, or just straight to the Cemetery and we hang out and boop around to our relatives' graves. The funeral home has been awesome. Very kind in their guidance. 

So yeah. That all is coming together. I do feel badly that I should be up in Massachusetts. I was thinking about when we moved here 5 years ago, this is the kind of thing that I was worried about.

And here we are.

Anyway. Not much else to talk about today. 

Here's a picture of my MIL pointing things out to Geoff in the Pittsburgh Skyline on Tuesday afternoon. 

digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 11am because I was teaching a class.

blood glucose:

9:30am: 155
4:30pm: 161
9:30pm: 165

food:

coffee, water
12:30pm: metformin; reheated pork strips from leftover chinese food last week
2pm: apple+peanutbutter
6:30pm: 1/2 a big huge piece of chicken parm (doug ate the other half)
8pm: metformin+jardiance
9:30pm: shelled peanuts (so messy)
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment