Sunday, September 17, 2023

Out of sorts

Sometimes I don't do well when I travel and other times I am fine. Today I find myself in the middle. I know while I'm here at MIL's house, I won't have control of the food choices that I usually have at home. So far, so good. 

Skipped breakfast, didn't even have a protein shake when I woke up. I probably should have. 

We brought a bag of avocados with us because we knew would go super bad by the time we got back, so when we decided we were going to eat lunch, I had an avocado and scooped two generous spoonfuls of chicken salad into them. And two baby dill pickles. And a scoop of black bean salad. Reading the labels there is a lot of added sugar in the chicken salad (honestly, how do you get 9 grams of carbs into chicken salad). And the black bean salad was 14 grams of carbs but that is cut by 6 grams of fiber and a lot of protein, so I felt okay eating that. 

I was offered bagels, english muffins, brioche rolls for my chicken salad, oat nut bread toast. No thank you. I mean yes, I'd love all of those things. 

We got to talking about omelets (why didn't we make them? why did we jump straight to sandwiches?) and I think tomorrow morning we'll do eggs or something. I think she has some baby spinach and we can dice up some more avocado, and have a good brekkie. Maybe there is some cheese. I don't know. 

There's never an actual plan when we are here which also adds to the uncertainty about food. At home, I know I'll eat between 10 and noon, I'll have a snack at 2? Dinner between 5 and 7? And we know what we're eating because the Eagle Scout does our meal planning. 

Here it is all: When are we eating what are we eating should we eat in should we go out should we call Doug's Sister and have her come over. Oh she's not sure she has time. Oh okay. 

So.... it goes on. 

I was even very confused about what day it is. I have several friends who are posting pictures from sportsball games, and well.... Saturday games? That's not a thing this early in the season? oh but. 

Chris. It's Sunday

So we had a nice lunch and Doug started watching football and I'm thinking of schlepping the bead shit out to make more bracelets and just sit at the kitchen table so no one fusses at me, but there will still be fussing. I don't like fussing. I like just doing and happening. 

Doug's sister, her husband, and their son came by. There were hours of combing through old photos, for people to decide what they want to take. 

We had a great pizza dinner and fellowship, we had a lot of fun and D and I talked until 10:30 when I finally reminded her that tomorrow is Monday. She should go because she has to work.

Tomorrow, I get more caffeine.

Here's a picture of food. I quite liked my lunch and how it looked. Very cute.


digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps. missed 9 am because sleeping

blood glucose:

10:30am: 188
4:30pm: 171
10:30pm: 259

food:

coffee, water
noon: 1 avocado sliced in half, filled with 2 scoops of chicken salad, bean salad, 2 baby kosher dill pickles. Metformin
a couple handfuls of trail mix. a few tomatoes.
7:30pm: a bunch of pizza
8pm: metformin+jardiance
beer
10:30pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment