Friday, September 15, 2023

Zombieland

I have needed to run to the post office to ship some boxes out to people leaving for concerts. A couple people in the Guster fandom, and someone in the Frank Turner fandom. 

The fact is, I can't get out of my own way sometimes. I had all the bracelets ready and done, epoxy on the knots, everything perfect, last weekend. Okay, so Monday, I'll go to the post office. 

Okay no, Tuesday. Tuesday I'll go. 

But oh no my dog. Had a seizure. Or whatever that was. Okay. No. Can't leave the house. Can't do a thing. Okay. Not Tuesday.

I asked Geoff to go to the post office and he looked at me blankly, remember the fact I've confessed here that I never taught him how to Post Office. He has no idea. I want to take him with me, and teach him how to Post Office. So no okay. You do a lot. Thank you. Jesus tapdancing Christ himself I have to do this. 

Wednesday. Well. You know what happened Wednesday. 

I successfully managed to get myself to the post office yesterday. I paid through the nose for the one box to go overnight. The others will get to the houses late, after the people deserved the bracelets to go to a show. 

And now I make more bracelets to take to Pittsburgh. 

I should have made bracelets tonight, but I talked to friends on FB messenger, I vacuumed, I sat quietly in the house listening for the sound of toenails on hardwood. Expecting a little friend to come around the corner. 

The past couple days we've wandered around the house, empty and lonely. There is no one to pick up the bacon I dropped on the floor. No one begging off my turkey sandwich. No one to lick clean the bowl from the tuna salad. No joy at 5pm when it is Phinnertime. I feel like this is zombieland, zombieville, zombopolis. So vacant, so empty, so alone.

This stops hurting eventually, I know. It did with every dog that has gone before. I can feel bad for a little while. Doug is sour. He's very sad. I don't want him to jump online and start looking for another dog, but here I am looking at the things my friends repost on FB about dogs for adoption thinking "he looks nice." 

We're going to Pittsburgh tomorrow, to see Doug's mom and have a visit. It feels weird to not have my dog on the trip, on the ride. He was a good passenger. And he loved going places. 

Anyway. Meh. Here's a picture from beer last night. We went to the little brewery next town over and had dinner from the food truck, and petted a LOT of dogs. Brewery dogs are nice. 

digits

exercise:  11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 9am. I'm on a vacation day

blood glucose:

10am: 188
5pm: 130
10pm:  153

food:

coffee, water, iced tea
11:30am: Tuna salad w/ tomatoes and lettuce in a big bowl mixed with mayo; Metformin
7pm: metformin+jardiance
7:15: bowl of pasta w/ ground sausage and pasta sauce (small bowl, not a lot)
pretzels
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment