Saturday, September 16, 2023

In the homeland

 We made it to Doug's mom's place at 5pm tonight, took a little more than 4.5 hours to get here, which is so much better than all the years it took us 12 plus to get from Boston to Pittsburgh. One of the major benefits of being in DC. 

Without much debate upon arrival (and there is usually an amazing amount of debate) we went to eat at a little local mexican restaurant. I ordered a burrito with chicken, but it was so bland, sad really. It was shredded chicken, but not seasoned at all, almost like it was a boiled chicken breast ripped apart with a fork. I put some hot sauce on it but it was ... too hot. Well, I was committed to eating and struggled through it. That was agony, and I was sweating through the meal. Thank God for Beer.

Anyway. We're here. More to come. I brought beads for making bracelets for Tuesday and I am sure that they are going to cause a kerfuffle. Sure of it. 


No picture, due to the road trip. But I'm sure I'll have something tomorrow. 

 


digits

exercise 10/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 2 hours being on the road

blood glucose:

10am: 177
xpm: no afternoon reading, in the car traveling
10pm: 202

food:

coffee, water
11am: pbj sammitch; metformin
5:30pm: chicken burrito w/small salad; 2 beers; chips & salsa
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: couple handfuls of Trail Mix (with raisins, peanuts, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment