Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Oldtown Maryland and Stuff

 It is 11pm Wednesday.  Doug picked me up around noon in the city after I walked 2 miles to get coffee (long story, but Pittsburgh doesn't have as many dunkin donuts as Boston, that's for damn sure!) 

The Guster show with the symphony was stupid awesome. Very low attendance though and that made me a little sad. But they were so good. So good. I love them. I can't stress that enough.

We got home around 8pm tonight, even though it is only about a 4-5 hour drive. We got off the highway in Cumberland and drove down to Oldtown, MD, where Doug wanted to go look at some history junk. One of his ancestors stayed there or lived there before coming to Beaver County, PA. It's on the C&O canal, so there was a lock house and some pretty vistas and such. Then it is all back roads to get out of there. We left Oldtown, drove into West Virginia, went through Berkley Springs (a place we've wanted to visit but today we just went through) and yeah. Lots of scenic vistas, pretty mountains, and road construction that had us sitting still for 20 minutes on a two lane road at one point. 

I was happy to get home.

The one big notable thing is I lost? or left? my blood glucose monitor either at my MIL's house or in the hotel in Pittsburgh so I guess I'll get a replacement. That said, ya girl don't know her readings. That's alright. I'll be fine. It's funny for something I make so much a part of my day and plan meals around (don't eat too close to the reading - let it go at least 2 hours between food and a reading... etc) I feel almost naked without doing it. 

I guess some people don't monitor their readings but I've been pretty faithful/religious/obsessed? for quite a while. Anyway. My digits will be a little different for a couple days I guess. 

Here's one picture. I took my friend Alex on a little tour around Pittsburgh today, I thought he'd like to go up the Duquesne Incline and boy did he ever. Had a sweet and lovely visit with him. It was a good time. 

More later. I'm wiped. Goodnight!

digits

exercise 10/12 hours of 250 steps. hit 10k steps even though I missed 6 and 7pm. 2 mile walk from the hotel to coffee. Get your shit together pittsburgh! more coffee!

blood glucose:

n/a

food:

coffee, water, 2 beers
metformin and Wendy's at 1:15pm
Chipotle burrito bowl (steak, lettuce, tomato, guac, queso blanco) at 8pm
red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment