Monday, February 05, 2024

Boredom Munching Desire

Oh was it ever a busy day. I had several chats with people about backroom discussions, I had a client want to set something up but he didn't have permission from the sharing partners so that turned into a thing. That turned into a whole thing. I'm glad I ask the right questions sometimes.

I planned breakfast but we have our team meeting at 11 on Mondays, and by the time I showered and realized how late it was there was no chance to make what I wanted. And then I wanted the tuna

I made a wonderful chicken parm for dinner, and even though it was filling and good I had serious munchies and nothing to eat. I drank wine. I wanted snacks! But we had no snacks. Well, nothing I could eat. I could have a bag of popcorn but that's not a good choice. Geoff ate the last two apples so I couldn't have apples and PB. 

Too late for a pbj sandwich really. Sadness. 

I didn't go for a walk because I was still working when Doug and Toffee left. And I wanted to make dinner. I need to not think about my family and only think about me. After I got the chicken parm in the oven I really could have gone for a walk but I'd already had two big glasses of wine so no. Not a good plan to drive to the gym. Who wants to work out after two big glasses of wine, eh? not me. 

So I continued to work on something very mindless and repetitive, something that needs to be automated but has not yet been set up to run that way. It kept my mind off of wanting to eat something. 

I figure if I can be distracted time will go by and I won't be tempted to eat something carby. 

We don't have any crackers or anything in the house, and I didn't want mixed nuts, I'm sick of them. Baby bel cheeses are okay but I was feeling meh about it. 

Next thing to do is I have to remember to reach back out to the Air bnb guy now that dad's 2nd funeral is back on track. I have to plan my travel for Guster in NY and Boston. I have to figure out what I'm doing between Guster 3/30 and David Sedaris on 4/12 in Boston. I feel like I can almost plan things, maybe clear enough head and willing enough heart. Sigh. Getting a clear head. 

But first, more steps, more wine! Naaah. Bedtime.

Anyway. Not a very exciting entry but one. Just to track the digits. 

Digits! Below! 



digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. no dedicated 10; 5k+ by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 173
5pm: 153
9:45pm: 128

food:

coffee, water
11am: metformin
12:15pm: left over white rice, peanut sauce, peas & chicken thighs
5pm: Handful of mixed nuts
6pm: chicken parm; metformin+jardiance
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment