Thursday, February 22, 2024

Mini Troubles

This morning Doug and I got up, dressed, and ready to take the Mini over to the garage for a front end alignment. It was in deep need. 

Only, it wouldn't start. Heck. 

I drove it a couple days ago, everything was fine. Didn't leave the lights on or anything silly. I always double/triple check that when I drive. Geoff drove the Dodge yesterday so he didn't do it. 

Bummer. 

For not-front end alignment stuff for the Mini we were going to a garage that now seems to be only tires. Tires only. All 4 bays filled with tires. I called this morning and no one is answering the phone. I called our usual place that does not work on Minis but does every other car we've ever had, and was on hold for a long time so I gave up. The two garages are owned by the same guy so I wanted to see if I could get the low down on what's up, and maybe find out if they have another recommendation. 

Not a lot of folks 'round here do Mini work, so we are disappointed if we've lost the one good joint in town. 

Doug said he thinks it is the alternator. I agree. We don't want to jump start it to have it not start tomorrow. Getting it fixed is important. 

The front end alignment and an overall overlook were on our list of things since this is the car I'll be taking up north in one month. 

I like the Mini. Handles like a go-cart and rattles like one too, but has a kick ass engine and gets me up to speed fast on the highway. A good little bean on the road. So it needs to be 100% happy for the 2 week trip north. I still would have rather gotten a Subaru. The happiest I've been with a car is the Wasabi Mobile that died a horrible death in Buffalo NY quite some time ago. 

Anyway. We've had some good car karma lately. I like it. I like not having to worry about 2 cars that both suck. 

I worked hard today, and Toffee came to me at 6pm and gave me the "get off the computer Mom," moves and I obeyed. Took a fast pokemon walk late, way after dinner. Because I've been on a roll lately and didn't want to let today slide. 

Here's Toffee's nose.

digits 

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Somehow missed 7pm goofing off on my phone. Dedicated 10. 7k steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:15am: 140
4:30pm: 123
11pm: 134

food:

coffee, water
11:00am - Big Salad w/spinach, bacon, tomatoes, goat cheese, feta, cucumber, mayo; metformin
6:45pm: chicken parm sub which was unsatisfactory so I gave Doug the other half.
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8pm: mixed nuts
vodka tonic






No comments:

Post a Comment