Monday, February 26, 2024

Even though I did not want it

Doug didn't buy any low carb bread ("they didn't have it, sorry") or lettuce and tomatoes for salads ("oops, I forgot"). So right now without a working car, we are a little bit stuck. 

I stood in front of a very full refrigerator, and just languished. What the hell can I eat in here? Hardly anything. There was a stack of leftovers, and my family is not good at eating leftovers so I looked them over and they were no good, so out they went. 

Sigh.

I had toast. He has a loaf of 15 grain bread and a beautiful loaf of sourdough. He made a grilled havarti and roast beef sandwich for himself, and it looked and smelled beautiful. 

But I wasn't going to do that.

Lately, the past several days, my blood sugar has been a lot lower than usual. I had several zero carb days and was super proud of that. Last night I forgot to record that I had some pretzels (22 pretzels, 20 grams of carbs) with pub cheese, and got up this morning to a much higher than wanted reading. 

Booo. 

So no. Those two pieces of 15 grain bread were super nice but I'm not going to try and have more. 

I found some bacon in the fridge, thin bacon that will crisp up very nicely. Lamented the no lettuce no tomatoes situation, and no BLT salad. 

Decided that just eating 5 slices of bacon my themselves wasn't like, a good culinary decision I should make for myself. That seems lazy. So I opted to make an omelet. Out of fresh mushrooms, out of spinach, no shredded cheese. But we had a block of Monterrey Jack and I sliced it up so it would be melty sizes. Not in the mood to get out the cheese grater for such a small task. 

I found some avocado dip in the fridge. Oh this will help. 

And I built a hell of an omelet that I didn't even want. 

Doug took Toffee for a ride up to the garage to drop our car off and walk back with her. The walk is about a mile and a half, so after I finished my last meeting, I put salmon in the oven and took myself for an almost mile walk. Not quite. Still a good one, and met them on the way back. 

Dinner was much better than trying to come up with something for lunch. 

Anyway, that's about it for today. Tomorrow I have a fun surprise! No picture today though.

Digits below.


 




digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. Dedicated 27 minutes, almost 1 mile. about 7k+steps by dinner

blood glucose:

8am: 197
5:30pm: 177
10pm: 154

food:

coffee, water
10am: 2 slices of 15 grain bread w/peanut butter
11am: Metformin
1pm: 2 egg omelet w/Monterrey jack cheese, 4 slices of bacon, avocado salsa
6:30pm: salmon w/mixed veggies
7pm: metformin+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment