Monday, February 19, 2024

Good Omelet Day

I was in such a hurry last night that I published my blog post with a place holder title. Blogger lets you fix the title but not the Permalink. Which seems like a deficit to me. But whatever. Note to self, don't be so fast next time and check your work. 

So unprofessional of me. 

Today was a non-holiday for us. We don't get Presidents' day off, and so I did not take it. Some of my colleagues have kids so it is the start of February school vacation week for them. I usually always work holidays so people with kids can have zero qualms about time off. 

I got a lot done, it was a good day, and not too stressful. I had a long back and forth with a client who is talking circles around me, and I can't make him happy. That was a little frustrating. And I think I gave someone the answer to something and they won't like what I told them, but I ran it past a colleague here and she told me that my response was understanding, caring, and loving. I offered my advice and told her that honestly she is doing something the wrong way and asking for a tech solution for a people communications solution. But I told her in a very kind way in the end. Still, I feel I'm not going to win this one and she's going to dredge it up in the future. 

I made one hell of an omelet today and loved it. So much. Like, I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Bacon and Goat Cheese make everything better. 

Geoff went to the market and we have food for dinners through Thursday, which is good. He had Friday and today off because he worked over the weekend. So having him free on a weekday was like old times. Here's my bank card, please go buy everything on this list and then also wine. Please buy your mom wine. 

I didn't even shower today, I had no in person on camera meetings lined up today so it was fine, but I felt slimy all day. Looking forward to showering tomorrow. 

Doug came up at 4:30 and I asked him if he was going to take Toffee for a walk. He said yes, "Why, do you want to come?" 

Yes I do. 

Geoff had started making dinner and the last of my emails could wait. Let's go. 

We did a little over a mile in 29 minutes, according to my fitbit. Got some pokemon caught. He asked if I wanted to turn right and lengthen the walk by a block or two and I did not. It was colder than I expected, I was feeling hungry, it was after 5, and Geoff's chili would be ready by the time we got back. All the right excuses. And I knew our route was a mile, what I would have done on the treadmill if I managed to get myself to the gym. So this was enough.

And I was right about dinner. Perfect timing. 

Geoff picked up more corn syrup and food coloring so I can keep decorating cookies. But I realized I didn't have the muffin tins that I usually use for doing the frosting. So I guess I do need to connect to pick them up. But I think I have muffin tin liners that'll do the job. I have a few small ramekins, and some tupperware. But it can wait. 

I just ordered a bunch of sprinkles and sugars which will arrive by Wednesday. Gold, Silver, Purple... things that I didn't see at the market and that I wanted. I figure some cool black iced cookies with silver sparkles are going to be so fun. 

Upping my decorating game, yo. 

Anyway, no picture today. Just a good day that started out with a good omelet. Sometimes that's the best way to kick off a Monday. 


Digits below.





digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 1 mile walk, 29 min. w/Doug 7k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 193
4:30pm: 175
10pm: 177

food:

coffee, water
10:30am: 2 egg omelet w/sauteed onion, wilted spinach, goat cheese, bacon. (so good)
11am: Metformin
2:30pm: apple w/peanut butter
6pm: chili w/shredded cheddar and fritos
7pm: metformin+jardiance
a few more fritos while loading the dishwasher
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment