Wednesday, February 07, 2024

When The Big Dog Sicks

ooof. I keep forgetting that Big Dogs come with Big Impact. 

Toffee got super sick in our bed last night. She tried to wake Doug up for help, super smart girl that she is. But he rolled over thinking she was just looking for a cuddle. She was up between our shoulders, not where she usually is. She tends to sleep by our feet, behind our legs, getting closer and closer until it's like she's gonna crawl into my underpants. She likes closeness.

I heard her making kind of a licking swallowing sound, you know before you throw up you may have a lot of saliva starting to build up in your mouth and you start to try to keep it down? That's what she was doing. 

Then we heard the first wave. 

I snapped upright and hit the light and called her out of the room but it was too late. She hit the bed by Doug's pillow (didn't hit the pillow), the twin comforter he is using, so I got her out of the room to the front door where she puked again before going out. He got the bed cleaned up, I got the floor cleaned up. She came back in and Doug headed to the guest room. 

All I have to say is I'm so happy we put the mattress protectors on this bed. Well, these beds. It is a split king mattress and I'm not happy with the over all split king-ness of it, but. That's another story. 

I couldn't quite fall back asleep but eventually did. Since it was around 6am by the time we got settled back in, I actually entertained the idea of going to the gym. I made a deal with myself. If you're asleep by 7, good. And I somehow did fall asleep before 7. Next thing I knew my alarm was going off at 8. I reset it for 8:45, 

Wild dreams involving relocating Jess to a new living place but she was MUCH younger than she is now. Like middle school Jess. It was very interesting and I woke up kind of sad. 

Work went well today. I had a good check in with a co-worker and we had a team meeting to try to solve a problem by creating more chaos. Nothing can be simple sometimes. 

I need bloodwork done, so I checked out of work around 3:45pm. I got to the lab and there were like 50 people there and I decided to screw it. 

I was dressed for the gym so. Why not. I've been threatening to go for weeks, yeah? Let's go.

The gym was not crowded, which was nice. I got a treadmill and did a mile in 26.26 minutes. The guy two machines away from me had a speaker and was playing music very loudly while running at an 8mph setting and I could hear all his music over my headphones. Rude. 

The 30 minute circuit room had 1 person in it. One guy working on the same machine over and over. I started next to him and skipped over where he was. I don't understand people who do weird things like that. There is the same machine out on the floor and no one is on it. What are you doing

I haven't made use of the 30 minute circuit yet, or ever, but I guess you should do it fast? You can't wipe down your machine, move to the next one, and then get things positioned right in 30 seconds to do the 60 second machine dealie. So I just paced myself and it took a lot longer. I got to every machine except the one that the dude had taken up residence on. I'll hit that one another time. 

My shoulders hurt. 

I hit Lidl again for supplies, just because it was next door. I found just what I needed for ingredients for a baked stuffed chicken breast, but it took me forever to get home. There was some sort of horrible accident, and a 3 mile ride took over 40 minutes. So it was nearly 6:30 when I got back, and what I was planning would take about an hour. Ugh. 

Doug saved the day by making a wonderful chicken stew with the two chicken breasts, a can of stewed tomatoes, some cheese, sour cream, chicken stock, green chiles, and a thing of reconstituted chinese white rice. Kinda glad I shove these unwanted lil'guys in the freezer when we get them. It was delicious but now I need chicken breasts again. And sour cream. 

I will need to head out to try the blood work again tomorrow. And maybe, the gym too? ha. That'll be nice.

No picture. Gotta finish the laundry and dress the bed for Doug and load the dishwasher. Busy day, kids. Digits below.





digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  1mile/26 min. on the treadmill; 10k+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:45am: 171
n/apm: missed the 4-5pm reading due to being out
10pm: 151

food:

coffee, water
10am: pbj on 647 bread, low sugar jelly
11am: metformin
12:30pm: tuna salad on 647 bread; 2 kosher dill pickles
7pm: metformin+jardiance; 2 bowls of Doug's chicken stew
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment