Saturday, February 03, 2024

Saturday Morning Vibes

I like not working. 

Don't get me wrong, I really do love my job. This week was a little "extra" as it were, and I promised myself I won't think about that spreadsheet. But after a good night's sleep and good coffee, I feel a little more like myself. Not like a zombie who just wants to sit and play games on the phone all day instead of being alive. 

I like not working, and I like feeling like I can get stuff done. 

We started our day with just big chillin' quietly together in the living room. Toffee has no concept of personal space, so she is forever and always right up against/leaning on whoever she picks. This morning it was me. 

You can see Doug's leg/dorm pants beside me to the left. My friend Amy told me she feels like Doug only wears dorm pants or PJs and she's not wrong. Not by a long shot. Dude owns pants, but, when you work from home, no one needs to see you from the chest down. And it would be like anyone being shocked that I wear yoga pants most of the time. 

Missing from this picture is the snoring. So you're missing the full impact of the vibes. 

And directly beyond my feet on the opposite wall is the Toffee Toy Box. It's an Ikea basket for shelving units but it's happily freestanding and just the right size. Phineas came to us with two of them. One is in the hall closet still filled with some of the things he arrived with. I'll contend with that someday. But we took this one and that's where all the baby's toys go every night before we go to bed, and every day she basically pulls everything out to play with. It is like having a giant, fast, toothy toddler in my life. 

After our Saturday morning chill session, Doug ended up taking Toffee for a huge walk. I opted not to go with them. He had to go to a UPS drop off box and it is about a mile and a quarter walk one way. I told him if he drove he could also go to the market and get things since no one has yet gone to the market but he said it was a beautiful day (it is but it is cold). 

I opted to fold laundry. Then I looked at our bed sheets and said "feh, time to wash and change." And I had already stripped the guest bed since Geoff had been living in that room for 3 weeks, the washed sheets were piled up on the chair (3 sets of sheets, mind you, because I washed a couple sets and never folded them, so now, 3 sets of clean sheets just piled up there). 

So I dressed the guest bed, stripped our bed, got the laundry going, tidied up the living room. Doug and Toffee got back and now they are napping on the freshly dressed guest bed, even though Doug doesn't usually like being in there in the afternoon because of the western exposure and the sun. 

Geoff went to the market, and he had a special request for dinner. We have a lot of white rice from Chinese food in the fridge, and he wanted to know if I'd make peanut sauce to go on it. I said sure thing, but let's grill some chicken thighs too, and why don't you get this this and this, and we can add that, and some those things and.... 

I got everything set and ready. Warmed up rice, peanut sauce going, grill preheating. Boom. 

On the way into the house with my plate of chicken I lost my grip, the chicken went flying, I almost wiped out. It could have been worse, Toffee could have eaten the chicken off the porch step. I got everything picked up and thought of my mom and her Swearable Moments. This, my friends, was a swearable moment. Worst thing that happened was a couple pine needles and a leaf had to be picked off but it was salvageable. We survived, and ate it, and everything worked out fine. 

Not bad for a Saturday.

Here's a another pic of our Saturday Morning Vibes Cuddlebeast. Digits below.


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 2k before noon; no real dedicated 10 but I did a lot of walking in/around etc. 7000+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 183
5pm: 163 
10pm: 169

food:

coffee, water 
12:30: grilled turkey and havarti on 647 bread
1pm: metformin
6:30pm: grilled chicken thighs, peanut sauce, peas, heated white rice
8:30pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment