Thursday, February 15, 2024

Water Water Water

Doug had a 7am meeting this morning, and I was awake with him at 6 but went back to sleep. Full of regrets on that. I had a 9am meeting, woke up at 8:45, brushed my hair, got coffee,  found my laptop, read email, and started the meeting. It was nothing but a hassle. The woman I was meeting with had a problem with her computer, her mic wasn't working, but she could hear me. She rebooted her computer and started again but still no mic. So she called in on the phone. Our half hour meeting turned into 80 minutes. 

After I was done with her I had to go to a team meeting to talk about Goals and Objectives. I felt like I had no time to prepare for anything but luckily I didn't have to contribute anything, just listen.

Several more meetings and some sudden jump in and do this what's the update on that kinds of stuff. I was supposed to have a check in with a teammate and asked her if we could bump it to later in the day. 4:30. Okay. (no gym for me, I guess). 

Doug came up at 4 and asked if I was done for the day, nope. He invited me to go for a walk and I told him that I'd be on a call until at least 5. So he took Toffee. She loves to go for walks. I had my meeting with my co-worker until 5:30. it went great. And I got dinner in the oven and Toffee's dish filled in time for her to come tearing into the house to eat. Toffee Time! 

We had dinner, Geoff went to the gym, and I schlepped a basket of laundry down to wash. When I went to move the laundry into the dryer, I stepped right into a big ass pile of water, in front of the washing machine. What the hell. What the living hell. 

I looked at the utility sink, and it was almost full, slowly draining. 

Ah. Okay. There's the problem. 

I thought maybe the washer was leaking or something, but alright. This maybe I can handle. Plunger, plunge plunge plunge!! meh? Sort of helping, not really helping. But it was going down. Slowly. I had no Drano or anything, so the plunger was my only weapon.

The laundry still needed to spin so I put the water setting on the super small setting where it had been on the super large setting.  This prevented too much water from going in. I stood there and watched.

After all the water finally drained out of the sink, I noticed there was a lot of schmutz in the sink, so it needs to be scrubbed. That's probably what's clogging the drain. I think we should get a nice snakey dealie in there, but I had Geoff grab some Drano from the store on his way home from the gym. I'll tackle it in the morning.

Tonight, I was supposed to bake cookies for Saturday. I have a decorating date with Henry for his birthday. I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I work better under pressure and at a deadline. 

Super excited for tomorrow to be Friday and then the weekend. And cookies. There will be cookies. 

No picture. I thought about taking a picture of the sink, but. meh. 






digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   No dedicated 10. 5500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 169
5pm: 153
10pm: 165

food:

coffee, water
noon: chicken salad. Metformin
5pm: some triscuits and sliced havarti and pepperoni
6pm: porkloin and 3 pierogi; metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment