Saturday, February 10, 2024

The day was taken (The Friday and Saturday post)

Per the last post: The day was taken. And I took a break from touching a computer, so no blog post... 

After 2pm, me and this laptop were not on speaking terms. I almost kept working yesterday afternoon, even though I put in 4 hours vacation time on my time card. It's not that big a problem. I got done what I needed to get done, sent out a bunch of emails that had to go before I disappeared and then, I went. It's all good. I know I make up for slacking off when I give myself permission.


List of things I set out to do, not necessarily in this order: 

  • Bloodwork
  • Home Depot for rubbermaid containers
  • Gym
  • Target
  • Grocery Store
  • Liquor store
  • haircut 
  • Start thinking about getting ready for basement reshuffle (see bullet 2)

Blood draw was particularly uneventful. There were only 10 people before me, so, it moved quickly. Quite a merciful thing.

I didn't make it to target, but that's okay. I got a few bags of coffee at Lidl after the gym and that was the primary reason (that and paper towels) I would have gone to Target. And we can go any time this weekend. Geoff went and bought beer and we didn't need anything else really, we've got everything but wine. That can be obtained any time this weekend. Haircut is still something that needs done. Someday. 

I had fun at Home Depot. I love walking up and down the aisles. I got medium sized storage containers, and Geoff brought them all downstairs for me. 

All I need to do is motivate myself to go do it, go do the thing. There are some things that can be placed in the storage room immediately,without getting repacked. I think I'll start with those. Get them out of the way so I can look over the other stuff, the ripped boxes, the boxes that were partially unpacked and not put back together. 

Pour myself a cocktail or mimosa and get to work. Do it.

Today Doug got some things done. He changed the filter in our furnace after me nagging him to do so. I bought filters, so he had no excuse. Ha. 

He put air in the front passengers side tire of the mini. I only had to nag him a little on that one. He made an appointment for the mini to get an alignment, very needed. I'm probably taking that to Massachusetts in April, so, it needs to be in tip top happy order. We'll get an oil change before I go and that'll be the only thing it needs. 

He has been incredibly unmotivated to do anything lately, so seeing him get things done warmed my cold dead heart. And I'm getting things done. 

He took a nap this afternoon and I pondered going to the gym but the laundry needed folded, so, I did that. And here's a picture of Toffee, not really helping me. But trying. 

Digits for both Friday and Saturday below. 






Friday digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 1 mile on treadmill, 25 min. 30min circuit, only half the machines since people were camping out on them (jerks). 9200+steps by bedtime (shoulda pushed to 10k but. meh).

blood glucose:

8am: 163
afternoon reading n/a due to being out
11pm: 160

food:

coffee, water
9:30am: 2 eggs w/ sausage links and Monterey Jack cheese
10am: Handful of red grapes
11am: metformin
6pm: french bread pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni; metformin+jardiance
3 beers

Saturday digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. Dedicated 10+5. Walk in the house while dinner was marinating before putting on the grill. 7k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

10am: 160
5pm: 158
10pm: 189

food:

coffee, water
11am: metformin
1pm: english muffin w/pb and low sugar strawberry preserves
6pm: salmon, green beans, pierogies. And I ate seconds of the salmon and the greenbeans. 
7pm: metformin+jardiance
11pm: some pita chips and hummus (and heartburn)

No comments:

Post a Comment