Sunday, February 25, 2024

Shoulda been a brewery day

 Yesterday when we were plotting out what we were going to do, Doug noted that one of our favorite breweries near where we were going was doing a "Mean Girls" themed drag show/brunch. "That's just not what I have in mind for fun. It won't be fun," says he. 

Feeling a little like, huh. This is interesting. Is Doug showing a side of intolerance I didn't know he had (I know he has some, trust me, he does). 

That's a touch closed minded, thought I. So I said "or, it could be the most fun you've ever had." 

"Not if it is "Mean Girls" themed," he replied. "I'll take one without the other, thank you." 

Alrighty then. There we go. That's what I would hope for and expect. Open to seeing a thing that you've never seen, and then later you can develop opinions on it. But I absolutely understand the "no thanks, Mean Girls" stance. 

With one car dead and the other possibly on the verge of overheating, we're not doing anything venture-wise today. But it would be a very good day to go to a brewery. Even with outdoor seating. It is chilly but no wind. Several good breweries we know and love have nice fire pit setups. One is closed "for the season" but today would be a nice day to be open, Landmade. But Lone OakBabycat, and Waredaca are sweet spots for outside even this time of year. I'm thankful for them being there. Especially want to get a yurt rental some one of these fine days at Lone Oak.

And today would have been super nice for such a fete. But. Ya know. 

With it being Sunday and we can't really make progress on getting things fixed up car-wise until morning. Hence, there is puttering around happening. I've got the dishwasher humming. The laundry is rolling, the bathroom is in progress. 

The bathmats are in the dryer, the shower mat is soaking in bleach and I'll scrub the tub next. Sink is scrubbed. Toilet and floor around the toilet - scrubbed. Lord help me, I think I need to start yelling at the boys about aim. This is ridiculous. When they aren't around, the toilet area is spotless and perfect. I sit to pee, after all. So c'mon guys. like, clean up after yourselves??? Jesesh.

I'm not sure what is up with this shower mat. I threw the last one out that we bought when we moved here and got this one and it gets gross FAST. And it leaves black circles and an outline in the shower in no time. The other one, never. I'm sorely disappointed. 

And I don't like these bath mats either. They're thin and stupid. I like the old one we had but after, oh, 6 years or more it started to fall apart. It was thick and fluffy and I washed it often. Probably what wore it out. 

I think I'll end up back at Target getting the same other ones we had. Lesson learned!

I played D&D at 3pm with my buddy Matt as game master and a bunch of other new people, and one I've played with before. I agreed to this time and thought "crap, what if we wanna go somewhere..." and here we are. Unable! So this is good. Good for me. We've played three times together and it is always a riot. Two hours went so fast.

Doug started a fire in the fire pit, and we went and sat out for a while, but it didn't want to stay going. The fire pit needs to be fully emptied and we need some good, dry kindling. But he didn't start it that way so a lot of newspaper met its death. It was nice while it lasted! 

So a low-key homebody kind of day. Could have done more but glad I did not do less. It's like that sometime. 

Here's the fire. Digits below.


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  15 min 1/2 mile walk before dinner (pokemon, etc) 6200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 180
4:45pm: 174
10:30pm: 195

food:

coffee, water
11:30: metformin; Big bowl of greek yogurt w/blueberries and a smidge of splenda.
2:15pm: Apple w/peanut butter
7pm: Metformin+jardiance; 2 frozen beef and bean burritos in a cheese/salsa/sour cream sauce that Doug whipped up.
Red wine
9pm: pretzels and pub cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment